Terrified of Fredbird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrified of Fredbird?

So, Fredbird shows up at my nephew's birthday party yesterday, and all the kids are really excited to see him, right? All except one little boy who was about 4. He ran under the table and started screaming and crying. His mother took him out of the room and tried to calm him down, and Fred decides it would be good to confront the child one on one. Not good. This kid just turns white as a sheet and hunkers down in the corner crying. I really thought the kid was going to keel over.

I know people who are scared of clowns and such, but Fredbird? Anyone else terrified of a giant goofy Cardinal? This just seems weird to me. Poor kid will probably grow up to hate baseball.

My wife and I were just talking about that same thing the other day at the ballgame. About 18 or so years ago my wife's company had Fredbird at a company function and my son who is 22 years old now and not afraid of a thing started screaming like crazy for no apparent reason. We turned around and here comes Fred. My son screamed bloody murder until he left. We still give him crap about that one.
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

my little brother didn't go near him when he accompanied Jose Oquendo to an autograph signing in the late 80's. he was around 3 or 4 years old. my other brother was scared to death of Skeletor when we went to see him and He-Man at our local wal-mart when we were little. that was funny
      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

I've always loved Fredbird.

Comment

I'm terrified of him.

Maybe it goes back to the time when I was young and Fredbird killed my father.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 19 2004, 09:05 AM
            I'm terrified of him.

Maybe it goes back to the time when I was young and Fredbird killed my father.
            Dude, get over it. Shit happens.

Comment

At the game on Saturday, we saw Fredbird before going to our seats. My son thought he was cool..laughed and gave him a hug. While we're doing that, Team Fredbird joins him. Jr. (who is usually kind of shy around new people) decides to hug them as well. 3 years old and he's already a playa. I couldn't be more proud.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Apr 19 2004, 09:06 AM-->
                QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Apr 19 2004, 09:06 AM)

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 19 2004, 09:07 AM
                3 years old and he's already a playa.
                Just like mama.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Apr 19 2004, 10:08 AM-->
                  QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Apr 19 2004, 10:08 AM)

"Hello, my name is BringBackZezel. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo+Apr 19 2004, 10:08 AM-->
                    QUOTE (Dr.Gonzo @ Apr 19 2004, 10:08 AM)

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson+Apr 19 2004, 09:17 AM-->
                    QUOTE (Turd Ferguson @ Apr 19 2004, 09:17 AM)
                    Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2004, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by kconn@Apr 19 2004, 09:17 AM
                    "Hello, my name is BringBackZezel. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
                    I'm looking for a six fingered bird.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Apr 19 2004, 08:44 AM
                      So, Fredbird shows up at my nephew's birthday party yesterday, and all the kids are really excited to see him, right? All except one little boy who was about 4. He ran under the table and started screaming and crying. His mother took him out of the room and tried to calm him down, and Fred decides it would be good to confront the child one on one. Not good. This kid just turns white as a sheet and hunkers down in the corner crying. I really thought the kid was going to keel over.

I know people who are scared of clowns and such, but Fredbird? Anyone else terrified of a giant goofy Cardinal? This just seems weird to me. Poor kid will probably grow up to hate baseball.

BEEP, BEEP, GONZO!

Comment

• Working...
                        X