X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Damtoft
    • Feb 2004

Yeah, I'm more intelligent.

In two weeks, we've had Jeanine Duncan's e-mail and that soft column on the Blues.

Stop the workouts and start writing commentary.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

• Indu WangZi
      Elitist Extraordinare
      • Feb 2004

You didnt know Bernie is a sell-out??

His specialty is writing puff pieces..and only once in a Blue Moon will he write a real piece that hits home..

Again..St. Louis is a town of corporate whores supporting the sports teams..and Mr. Rock your world..is a $25 dollar hoe..

Comment

• SLUBLUE
        • Feb 2004

HEY...HOW DARE YOU SONS OF BITCHES CATCH BERNIE IN A MELTDOWN AND NOT TELL ME
        Are you on the list?

Comment

• Damtoft
          • Feb 2004

BLUE,

Maybe you'll understand that I do have a purpose.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

• WinstonSmith
            • Feb 2004

Notice how when the article was first posted on there, many people agreed and tried to "call out Bernie."

Bernie then responded.

People then began kissing Bernie's ass.

Its quite humorous.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Indu WangZi
              Elitist Extraordinare
              • Feb 2004

I think people are just so enamored that Bernie actually responded..that they revert to niceisms...and forget everything else.

Bernie is a drama queen of epic proportions..and he does not take criticism well..that alone tells me the true nature of the gent..

I agree when attacked he should responed..but to him, questioning him = attack.

Just another softie in a long line of softies at the PD..

St. Louis has one of the most pathetic newspapers in the US..unfit for most everythings, save toiletries..

Although..my matey, DC Santana..held the line.

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                • Feb 2004

Blu just ripped the hell out of him.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Indu WangZi
                  Elitist Extraordinare
                  • Feb 2004

Sluey...

Witty repartee...

I loved the pillow comment

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                    • Feb 2004

Throwback jersey was my favorite part.

Comment

• hansolo
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Apr 18 2004, 09:42 PM
                      I think people are just so enamored that Bernie actually responded..that they revert to niceisms...and forget everything else.

Bernie is a drama queen of epic proportions..and he does not take criticism well..that alone tells me the true nature of the gent..

I agree when attacked he should responed..but to him, questioning him = attack.

Just another softie in a long line of softies at the PD..

St. Louis has one of the most pathetic newspapers in the US..unfit for most everythings, save toiletries..

Although..my matey, DC Santana..held the line.
                      Imagine I told Howard Balzer straight up that he and the rest of the radio folk in this town are just too soft and does not know how to actually criticize the local sport teams constructively.

He tried to use John Hadley as an example that I am wrong.

The local media is just content with their weekly paycheck and not willing to actually think and be creative with their writing/reporting like Devaskar and the Redbird blog and others.

han solo

Comment

• SLUBLUE
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 18 2004, 09:33 PM
                        BLUE,

Maybe you'll understand that I do have a purpose.
                        heh
                        Are you on the list?

Comment

• DC Santana
                          • Feb 2004

I guess Bernie "jumped the shark" several years ago.

Not sure when it was for him or others of his ilk. Maybe it was Jim Rome in his first incarnation that started this trend. Now members of the media need to be personalities and show us how they can "rock your world."

It seems that personality or a "hip edge" are more important than thoughtful analysis, research, and understanding.

One thing I didn't bring up over there, which others here have pointed out, the "print" media is declining in its popularity simply because there are more options to get better information faster. I wonder how the declining circulation numbers "rock the world' of the PD.
                          LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                            • Feb 2004

I'd say the Jump The Shark moment was pretty easy to see.

I'm sure BLU can back me up on this.

Comment

• SLUBLUE
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 18 2004, 09:57 PM
                              I'd say the Jump The Shark moment was pretty easy to see.

I'm sure BLU can back me up on this.
                              sure, go ahead, make fun of my dead dad.

no, i'm just saying, give me your worst.

fucking putz.

the hip edge comment was spot on DC...half the time 'Bernie Bitz' reads like a fucking gliterati column
                              Are you on the list?

Comment

• WinstonSmith
                                • Feb 2004

That was certainly the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X