Devaskar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devaskar

I was so agitated by Bernie's cop-out column, that I posted yours @the PressBox - with attribution.

Thanks for the good work.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Absolutely right.

Dev with his thoughtful analysis and Bernie with his cop out.

Based on this alone, Dev is a better sportswriter than Bernie can ever hope to be.

Oh, but I forgot, Bernie "can rock your world" if he wants to.

What a self promoting blowhard asshole.

I've disagreed with Dev on occasion, but he clearly understands that the problems with the Blues are not confined to one year, but are the culmination of years of mismanagement.

Hell, he'd be a better president than Mark Sauer too.

Dev, really man, you should send this to Bill Laurie and offer your candidacy for club president.
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana@Apr 18 2004, 03:56 PM

Based on this alone, Dev is a better sportswriter than Bernie can ever hope to be.

Oh, but I forgot, Bernie "can rock your world" if he wants to.

What a self promoting blowhard asshole.

I've disagreed with Dev on occasion, but he clearly understands that the problems with the Blues are not confined to one year, but are the culmination of years of mismanagement.

I said basically the same thing in Dev's post. He is better than Bernie.

We have our debates from time to time but he is always respectful of other's opinions even though he is extremley knowledgeable. Perhaps even more so than many of our 'paid' scribes.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Where can I find the original thread that had Dev's analysis?
        LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana@Apr 18 2004, 04:25 PM
          Where can I find the original thread that had Dev's analysis?

Here it is...

Dev's Blues Article
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana@Apr 18 2004, 03:56 PM
            Its the 'big picture' view on things that I have now long held...unfortunately, its the 'now' myopic mentality of some that has become the dominant view....

Who is to blame? Mayaps the Shanahan regime of 'buy, buy, buy' that did...I know it did so to me till the mid-1990s....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

You guys do understand Dev has his own site where he publishes reguarly?

It's located at http://www.devaskarsports.com.

I have it set up in my aggregator to ping me when a new article is published. Dev's takes are fantastic!

Comment

Here is Bernie's response to the thread started in the Pressbox.

Did it occur to any of you that my plan to write a year-end Blues column for Sunday's paper was changed because of a breaking news story? And that the editors wanted me to say something in reaction to the breaking news story?

You know, this little thing about one of their players being arrested in a murder-for-hire scheme. Just a trivial matter, I know.

The year-end Blues column will be in Monday's paper.

JD, I'm disappointed that you jumped the gun with a false assumption. Candidly, I thought you were more intelligent than this.

Cheers,
                Bernie
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Thanks JD, and everyone else. To me, this season wasn't a disappointment; it was the whole era that was a disappointment.

I do think Bernie deserves a little slack though because, as he points out, the breaking Danton story definitely deserved a column. So long as he writes a real season-ending column, I have no problem with him pushing it off for a story so big as this with Danton. Even on the website I publish on, I decided to push off a Blues take in favor of the Danton thing just because Danton is a more important thing.

I'm just happy anyone cares enough to read what I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1@Apr 18 2004, 04:07 PM
                    Here is Bernie's response to the thread started in the Pressbox.

Did it occur to any of you that my plan to write a year-end Blues column for Sunday's paper was changed because of a breaking news story? And that the editors wanted me to say something in reaction to the breaking news story?

You know, this little thing about one of their players being arrested in a murder-for-hire scheme. Just a trivial matter, I know.

The year-end Blues column will be in Monday's paper.

JD, I'm disappointed that you jumped the gun with a false assumption. Candidly, I thought you were more intelligent than this.

Cheers,
                    Bernie
                    Dear Bernie:

Guess what? Scooped again.

Leave the hockey writing to Goold.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Uh oh.

Looks like "Big Bern" got his feelings hurt.
                      LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Bernie alos went on to tell everybody what a big favor he did us all by getting Blues player responses to the situation, and that if he hadn't done it, we would not have had this information.

I called him on it.

ESPN and SLAM both had articles yesterday with the player reponses.

Scooped again Bernie.

You can stop doing us the favors.
                        LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

I guess I got under Bernies's skin.

He took the time to explain to me that ESPN and the PD are different news organizations.

I'm glad he did me another favor by clarifying that.

This is fun.

Feel free to join the party at that other place.
                          LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

DC,

He correctly pointed out it was an AP story, before he went on his condescending PD is not ESPN diatribe.

I responded that ESPN and AP are different news organizations.

He's a thin-skinned, chicken gizzard.
                            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Apr 18 2004, 05:38 PM
                              DC,

He correctly pointed out it was an AP story, before he went on his condescending PD is not ESPN diatribe.

I responded that ESPN and AP are different news organizations.

He's a thin-skinned, chicken gizzard.
                              Exactly.

His column added nothing of substance to information that was widely available a day earlier.

I love seeing self important people getting their feathers or chicken gizzards ruffled.

BERNIE! BERNIE!
                              LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Working...
                              X