Baseball Payroll Rundown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Payroll Rundown

A great look at the teams and what they pay. Cards are number 6 in the league

The team by team breakdowns show how long we're paying people. I didn't know we were paying part of Vina's salary this year.

We owe Izzy, Edmonds and Rolen 9 million each next year. That would be slightly less than the Brewers or Diamondbacks total salary for this year. :-)

and yet it is still somehow the owner's fault that we haven't made it to the World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Apr 17 2004, 11:30 AM
      and yet it is still somehow the owner's fault that we haven't made it to the World Series.
      The breakdown really helped me see how much freaking money we've spent. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Apr 17 2004, 11:29 AM
        I didn't know we were paying part of Vina's salary this year.
        I think the 1 million is a buyout.
        OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Apr 17 2004, 11:37 AM-->
          QUOTE (pgrote @ Apr 17 2004, 11:37 AM)

Originally posted by Fishbone@Apr 17 2004, 12:30 PM
          their choice of the people running the team maybe.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Apr 17 2004, 12:28 PM-->
            QUOTE (madyaks @ Apr 17 2004, 12:28 PM)

I also don't understand how come the people around here "generally" blame "big spending teams" for the Cards inability to compete. Clearly the Cards are one of the Big Spending Teams.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Apr 17 2004, 12:37 PM
              I also don't understand how come the people around here "generally" blame "big spending teams" for the Cards inability to compete. Clearly the Cards are one of the Big Spending Teams.
              Definitley.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks+Apr 17 2004, 01:28 PM-->
                QUOTE (madyaks @ Apr 17 2004, 01:28 PM)

LaRussa looks offense first and foremost.

It will never change.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 17 2004, 12:29 PM
                  LaRussa looks offense first and foremost.

It will never change.
                  I'll never forget Jocketty's quote a few years ago that because baseball was shifting toward offense in the 1990s that the Cardinals were going to try to win by outslugging teams.

That can work in the regular season but anyone with a brain knew that would never work in the playoffs.

Comment

Great link Grote. I see that for 2004, only the Dodgers, Cubs, and Phillies are ahead of us. Many teams seem to be cutting payroll, such as the Braves and D-Backs.
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 17 2004, 02:31 PM

That can work in the regular season but anyone with a brain knew that would never work in the playoffs.
                      You see that is the problem...Walt doesn't have one.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

• Working...
                        X