• Show
Clear All

• The Official NBA Playoff Thread

Game starts today

Boston at Indiana at 1:00

New York at New Jersey at 3:30

Memphis at San Antonio at 7:00

Houston at Lakers at 9:30
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Yawn.

Comment

I know this is not a NBA board - but there are a few of us that will keep it interesting.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Unless there is a series that gets to a sixth game, I'm not even going to watch the East in the first round. I fully expect the Pacers, Pistons, and Nets to sweep (or maybe lose one game, if someone like Paul Pierce just goes off one night). Miami is interesting only because they're going to be damn good in a couple years. Lamar Odom was one of the five best players in the East this year, the old Caron Butler finally returned the last month of the season, and Dwayne Wade would be the runaway rookie of the year in any normal year for rookies in the league.

I'll watch as much of the West as possible. Go Lakers!

Comment

Indiana leads Boston by 25 in the third quarter. I can't believe a team as bad as the Celtics made the playoffs. I can't believe a team with Ricky Davis is an idiot on their roster made the playoffs.

Comment

Pacers 104, Celtics 88.

Boston made it look closer than it actually was in garbage time. They will be one of the first teams that EJ, Kenny and the Chuckster send fishing this spring.

Comment

Jalen Rose was wearing a really nice Gone Fishing designer shirt last week on TBDSSP. He said if those guys were going to make fun of him he might as well look good.
              Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

I never watch the BDSS but I did see Jalen in the building that day. I saw the shirt and started laughing. When I walked past him, I said, "great shirt!"

I think my favorite thing about the NBA playoffs is Inside the NBA!

Comment

I don't know -

The knicks are showing some spunk today - might be an interesting series. The Celtics are toast.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

i think the Knicks/NJ series is the only one that may be interesting. but i'm not gonna set my VCR for every single game. i have to admit i'd much rather see the Knicks win though. Miami vs NO just looks like a yawn fest, but that could be because i'm used to the earlier Heat and the Charlotte Hornets

as for the west though...

MN vs Denver- this better be good. Carmello vs Garnett and a bit of me hopes to see MN worry that they may never win a playoff series

Lakers vs Houston- gosh, my TV will be working OT with this game and hockey, but its about time some late games are on, as long as my team isn't involved

Kings vs Mavs-yawn, who cares except to see the Mavs players bitch and the Kings players whine

Spurs vs Grizzlies- yes i'm nervous about this one. grizzlies won 3-1 in the season thanks to duncan being out a few games, but i'm still nervous. they are NOT the team i wanted to get in the 1st round. but still Go Spurs Go!!! lord knows this city needs another party after fiesta.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 17 2004, 02:52 PM
                      I never watch the BDSS but I did see Jalen in the building that day. I saw the shirt and started laughing. When I walked past him, I said, "great shirt!"

I think my favorite thing about the NBA playoffs is Inside the NBA!
                      Inside the NBA is about the only good thing about the NBA at this point.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor:
                      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay@Apr 17 2004, 02:42 PM
                        Kings vs Mavs-yawn, who cares except to see the Mavs players bitch and the Kings players whine
                        I love it when Dallas and Sacramento play each other. It reminds me of how basketball used to be--you know, when teams actually tried to score and play exciting, fast-paced ball.

Comment

Nets 107, Knicks 83--FINAL.

The East blows.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 17 2004, 05:23 PM
                            Nets 107, Knicks 83--FINAL.

The East blows.
                            man, i thought the Knicks would do a bit better. what was up with Marbury? he looked like he was having a disagreement with Wilkens.

this lakers-houston game is turning out pretty good. if all of a sudden one team takes a 20 pt lead, i'm gonna shut up more often

Comment

Originally posted by STLCeltic@Apr 17 2004, 08:05 AM
                              Yawn.
                              ^^^^

"
                              Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Working...
                              X