0%

I voted for Stevie but he is losing.

Where are the DaLodes and McGroins?
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Apr 17 2004, 08:20 AM
      I voted for Stevie but he is losing.

Where are the DaLodes and McGroins?
      I don't have to say who I voted for..........

Comment

For those on the fence, listen to SRV and Jimi's "Voodo Child" and you will see that SRV clearly outplayed Jimi.

Comment

I voted SRV.

No contest in my opinion.
          LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

What a matchup!!!

In regards to the recording of "Voodoo Chile", keep in mind the difference in recording techniques from the 60's to the 80's. Jimi loved that slightly staticky guitar sound.

I voted for Stevie Ray Vaughan. A great Texan!!!
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 17 2004, 09:18 AM
              What a matchup!!!

In regards to the recording of "Voodoo Chile", keep in mind the difference in recording techniques from the 60's to the 80's. Jimi loved that slightly staticky guitar sound.

I voted for Stevie Ray Vaughan. A great Texan!!!
              Other great Texans:

Jimmy Vaughn
              Ray Benson (Asleep at the Wheel)

"I'm from Texas and if you don't like it, you can kiss my ass!"
              LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

I went Stevie Ray Vaughn...

I listen to rap, more rap...

and Stevie Ray Vaughn...he has my vote every round from here on out.
                You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Everyone who posted in the thread gave the nod to Stevie...but he is still losing..

Well..I am giving the nod to the best Left handed gui-tar player of all-time..and just a magician..

This match-up really isnt fair..these guys on their own would just about beat everyone else...SRV is a virtuoso with the guitar...plus, I loved Mitch Mitchell..so, here's to Jimmy..

I caught her messin' round w/ another man..

Comment

For those on the fence, listen to SRV and Jimi's "Voodo Child" and you will see that SRV clearly outplayed Jimi.
                    Jimi wrote it.

SRV was techniccally excellent -- great, great guitar player.

Jimi Hendrix is a Rock and Roll God. No contest.
                    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Dev, what's the deal? You put up all these implausible match-ups which annoy me and then, when you do put up one that's 'apples & apples' it's a wickedly cruel one :-)

Jimi was an innovator. NO one had ever heard his 'style' before he came along. It was shockingly exciting and moving.

However, next to Duane Allman, SRV was the most technically proficient, spontaneously soulful guitarist I've ever heard.

Otherwise why would a grown man like me have fucked up so much of my vacation time travelling around the country, like some over-aged groupie, to see him for years.

Upon further review, it was one of the most sensible things I ever did.

Yeah, I voted for SRV.

Comment

Did anyone on this forum attend the concert on a Sunday night in 1991 that featured Vaughan and Joe Cocker?

It was great.

Sadly, about three weeks later, SRV was killed in the helicopter crash in Wisconsin.

(The day some very beautiful music died.)
                        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

This poll is a reflection on real life: SRV leaving us way too early.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 18 2004, 07:47 AM
                            Did anyone on this forum attend the concert on a Sunday night in 1991 that featured Vaughan and Joe Cocker?

It was great.

Sadly, about three weeks later, SRV was killed in the helicopter crash in Wisconsin.

(The day some very beautiful music died.)
                            Kev,

I think you are one year off, SRV was killed in August 1990.

I saw him at the Illinois state fair in July of that year. As it turns out there was a Santana concert at the World Music Theatre that same Sunday night in late August that SRV played at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin.

The Alpine Valley show was headlined as Eric Clapton and guests. To me Clapton had "jumped the shark" years before. Besides, Santana had a new album out and had not toured in a couple of years.

SRV got on a helicopter to get back to Chicago after the show. Fog had rolled into Alpine Valley and the pilot crashed into a hill.
                            LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Originally posted by DC Santana+Apr 18 2004, 12:41 PM-->
                              QUOTE (DC Santana @ Apr 18 2004, 12:41 PM)
                              Working...
                              X