Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larussa: 2B job is wide open

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I wonder if this was why Alomar went to Arizona?
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I love the way that La Russa trys to spin an obvious weakness. . .

"The second base position is going to be interesting to the players and staff because guys enjoy competition, and there will be real competition at second," La Russa said.

His bullshit wore me out a long time ago.
      Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Feb 24 2004, 03:45 PM

"The second base position is going to be interesting to the players and staff because guys enjoy competition, and there will be real competition at second," La Russa said.

and that he still thinks that speed is the most important trait in a leadoff guy. What the hell would it take to get Billy Beane here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone+Feb 24 2004, 03:47 PM-->
          QUOTE(Fishbone @ Feb 24 2004, 03:47 PM)

It certainly wasn't his OBP. His speed was relatively better than his OBP was, that's for sure.

Comment

ask the immortal K-Rob what he thinks about switching hands and playing 2B, couldn't be any worse than some of these options.
            Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 24 2004, 03:54 PM
              It certainly wasn't his OBP. His speed was relatively better than his OBP was, that's for sure.
              Fishbone,

I take it that you were ready to throw a beer can at the TV everytime you saw Vina swing at the very first pitch of a game too?

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens+Feb 24 2004, 04:50 PM-->
                QUOTE(ScottStevens @ Feb 24 2004, 04:50 PM)

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Feb 24 2004, 03:45 PM

What else is he going to say .. "we'll do the best we can with what our penny pinching owners gave us"?
                Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Dred,

Sometimes I think that it's better to say nothing at all.

With that being said, I do agree with you that we have the penny pinchers to thank for our holes in left, second base and lead off. I don't even want to get started at their inability to pick up a top of the rotation starter.

-

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd+Feb 24 2004, 04:53 PM-->
                    QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Feb 24 2004, 04:53 PM)

Lazy,

Seven million to a guy who plays firstbase for another team? Who is being held accountable for this blunder? I would agree with you if they fired Jocketty and La Russa, but since these two clowns are still employed by our St Louis Cardinals, I assume they have money to burn, yet decided to pinch every penny of it.

I am irratated by the fact that we have a gaping hole at second base, left field, lead off and a top of the rotation starter AND a 85 million dollar payroll with so many holes in it.

Either ownership needs to address these problems and continue to expand payroll OR fire the clowns who are responsible for the holes in the first place. Just my two cents Lazy.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever+Feb 24 2004, 04:52 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Cubs4ever @ Feb 24 2004, 04:52 PM)
                      Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2004, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 24 2004, 03:47 PM
                      What the hell would it take to get Billy Beane here.
                      intervention by Satan...
                      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                      X