Submitted without comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted without comment

But before everyone goes into a panic mode and crowds onto the Eads Bridge, consider that the Cardinals' 4-6 overall record is the same mark after 10 games that the Florida Marlins had last year when they won the world championship. It is one game ahead of the 3-7 record of the Anaheim Angels in their world championship season of 2002 and the same as the 4-6 log the Arizona Diamondbacks had in 2001 when they won the World Series.

I guess everyone should aspire to early season mediocrity and "fatigue"...
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

at least give the post credit when you steal their story

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 16 2004, 08:03 AM
        But before everyone goes into a panic mode and crowds onto the Eads Bridge, consider that the Cardinals' 4-6 overall record is the same mark after 10 games that the Florida Marlins had last year when they won the world championship. It is one game ahead of the 3-7 record of the Anaheim Angels in their world championship season of 2002 and the same as the 4-6 log the Arizona Diamondbacks had in 2001 when they won the World Series.
        Yes but those were good teams that just had a rough start, now which way to the bridge?
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 16 2004, 07:03 AM
          At least Florida changed their manager and went on a nice run.

One can hope.

han solo

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker@Apr 16 2004, 07:04 AM
            I guess everyone should aspire to early season mediocrity and "fatigue"...
            As a Blues fan, I'm used to that.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Apr 16 2004, 08:34 AM-->
              QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Apr 16 2004, 08:34 AM)

None of those teams had Tony LaRussa as the manager
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Excellent point, Reggie!

It's early.

It's always early.
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

TLR won't get me to stop watching this team.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Ten games IS early, you spineless speck of paramecium scum.

But I said I wouldn't comment, so pretend that someone else wrote that.

Comment

I believe what Reggie is getting at (but since he won't comment, he can't say) is that this is all part of the master plan.

I have it on good authority that the team plans to lose 2 of the next 3 to Colorado at home. But don't allow yourself to become overconfident. It's still a long season.
                      I'm always right.

Comment

We're sweeping Colorado cos it's our turn to do that again.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 16 2004, 08:47 AM
                          Ten games IS early, you spineless speck of paramecium scum.

But I said I wouldn't comment, so pretend that someone else wrote that.
                          Whoa....

OK, here's my promise to you: No more complaining, no more whining, no more griping about the Cardinals until the All-Star break, at which time I will assess why they are so far out of first place and you can remind me that it's still early.

Then I will take another break until September, when they will be in fourth or fifth place, at which point you can remind me how the Cardinals came from far behind in 1964, so it's still early.

Then I will again refrain from complaining until the Cardinals are mathematically out of it, probably the first week of September, at which point you can remind me how many times Tony has made the playoffs, and how he's one of the best managers of all time, and how he deserves another chance, but we shouldn't start talking about the changes they might make to the team for 2005 because, after all, it's too early.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows from here on out, Reggie.

Give Mrs. Duncan my regards.
                          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Sucketh my dicketh, pleaseth.

And you know I didn't write that, since I can't speak Old English.

Comment

• Working...
                              X