Funny Baseball Dad Story "Howard Balzer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Baseball Dad Story "Howard Balzer"

OK I get off work early tonight to go watch my son in his first baseball game of the year, he is 8, Manchester Baseball Tournament.

The whole game is obviously just the routine sloppy kids ball, a few catches and many missed balls, just kids.

Long game, My kids team is up 1, 16 - 15 after 6 and a half.

Balzer's kid is on the wrong end of stuff, they are up to bat in the 7th.

His kids team ties it at 16, then they have another runner go home, but the kid misses the plate, and then the next runner crosses but somewhere in there the catcher on my kids team tags home.

The ump calls the first kid out for missing home, and all hell breaks out, then they call the second kid out for passing the first kid.
    It's a mess and I have not got a clue what should have been called, I wasn't paying enough attention, but think maybe the second run should have scored, but my kid ended up with a tie, so cool. It's all good.

Not for Balzer though, this guys was still loosing his mind 15 minutes later, no yelling but he was pissed, and he isn't even a coach, just "baseball dad" running a muck.

It was funny, When I first saw he was there I wanted to say hi very discreetly, but after all the mess I just left, he was still bitchin.

By the way he is just a regular old lookin dude, Cardinal Girl could whoop him.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

On TV Balzer appears to be a dwarf...
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

2nd kid is out for passing the 1st as the 1st kid is still technically running the bases.

eta: I used to umpire at Manchester. Such bastards run that place, they never back their own umpires and will openly chastise them which they should never do in public. They lose their own credibility for doing so. I'm so glad I left them in 1999 for Creve Coeur.
      Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Well I have no idea where the tag of home came, if it came before the second run scored then the second runner sure can score, but thats not my point, I could care less who won.

I was just pointing out how funny baseball dad can be, even rich famous baseball dad.

Comment

Balzer lives in St. Louis??

What series (TV) is he in..Law & Order??

Comment

if the 1st runner missed home, and the 2nd runner tags home to score, then he has past the 1st runner and is out.

i know that wasnt the point, just threw it out there.
            Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
            Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
            There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
            "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
            "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Apr 15 2004, 08:28 PM
              Balzer lives in St. Louis??

What series (TV) is he in..Law & Order??
              wrong Balzer...that's Richard Balzer...Howie's a Pro-Football Weekly writer or some shit...and does radio work in StL...
              . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
              -mike
              mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Apr 15 2004, 07:31 PM-->
                QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Apr 15 2004, 07:31 PM)

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Apr 15 2004, 07:31 PM-->
                QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Apr 15 2004, 07:31 PM)

Originally posted by Jack Daniels+Apr 15 2004, 11:05 PM-->
                QUOTE (Jack Daniels @ Apr 15 2004, 11:05 PM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker@Apr 15 2004, 08:19 PM
                On TV Balzer appears to be a dwarf...
                I thought was an extra on Wizard of Oz...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I coach a youth team, a little older than your 8 y/o team. It's amazing watching some of these parents/coaches in action. Some of them need to get a grip on reality.

I'm so glad I left them in 1999 for Creve Coeur.
                  The guy that runs that mosquito-infested dump is probably the biggest prick/idiot of them all.

Comment

The guy is a schmuck to say the least.

Thanks for the story, Yaks, but I didn't need it to know that he was an arrogant piece of shit.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by L1011@Apr 16 2004, 08:58 AM
                      I coach a youth team, a little older than your 8 y/o team. It's amazing watching some of these parents/coaches in action. Some of them need to get a grip on reality.

I'm so glad I left them in 1999 for Creve Coeur.
                      The guy that runs that mosquito-infested dump is probably the biggest prick/idiot of them all.
                      My wife is close to just as bad, she gets VERY serious.

I am glad when my kids team wins, but I could really care less. To me it is about learning to play a sport, learning about teamwork, exercise, socialization on and on, not about winning a game where half the kids can't catch a ball. Now maybe later, a little older and better you start to worry about how good the team they are on is and how well he / they do.

Some parents get NUTS, let me say Howard never got crazy, i don't think he really lost it like was going to fight, but clearly he was pissed and EVERYONE around knew, more so than any other parent there.

Comment

It was probably his kid that fucked up and he wanted the umpire to bail him out.

Yaks, just wait until high school, you'll have four years to "go glen" and it will be important enough to do so at that time.
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Working...
                          X