• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padgett leaves KU

Posted on Thu, Apr. 15, 2004

Padgett leaving Kansas Jayhawks basketball program

By JASON KING

The Kansas City Star

LAWRENCE – Kansas forward David Padgett announced Thursday that he is leaving the Jayhawks basketball program. He did not indicate what school he may be competing for in the future.

A McDonald's All-American in high school, Padgett averaged 6.5 points and 4.5 rebounds as a Kansas freshman last season. He made 19 starts for the Jayhawks and shot .531 percent from the field.

Padgett, a Reno, Nev. native, was one of the prized recruits in Kansas' 2003 recruiting class. He becomes the third player to leave the team in the last week. Reserves Moulaye Niang and Omar Wilkes announced last Thursday that they intended to transfer.

Wonder how much Quin Snyder has left in his checkbook

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

This news is sweet!
      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I was looking forward to revenge against this douche. Wonder what the deal was.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

That sucks...

Comment

He wants to play the 4 is why he left? Bizarre.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

He never got over Roy Williams leaving.

Remember how he and his dad (mostly his dad) sobbed on ESPN and in the papers after Roy left?

I'm sure he's off to UNC.

**EDIT: Besides, UNC could really use some character guys. I thnk it will take Roy 4-5 years to bring in "his" type of recruits and get the UNC program back to the high class it used to be, like KU was when Roy was there.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

any bad news for Kansas is good news to me. I will have to make sure my sister hears this. She is a KU grad, Im from MIZZOU

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I'll wait to declare that good news until I see who they fill his scholarship with. With all these players leaving, thank God for the 5/8 rule.
                  Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Given that Q can't beat Self no matter what the match-up looks like on paper, I will hold off on my excitement.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                    X