Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Around For Your Personal Tax Idiot

Stolen from boortz.com

And just how do you identify your own personal tax idiot? Everybody has one, you have to find yours. It's really very simple. You just walk to some friend or coworker and ask "How much did you have to pay in income taxes this year?" If they answer "I didn't have to pay anything, I'm getting some back!" You have found your own personal tax idiot. Please take care of them for they are stupid and incapable of survival without your help.
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 15 2004, 02:35 PM
    Stolen from boortz.com

And just how do you identify your own personal tax idiot?  Everybody has one, you have to find yours.  It's really very simple.  You just walk to some friend or coworker and ask "How much did you have to pay in income taxes this year?"  If they answer "I didn't have to pay anything, I'm getting some back!" You have found your own personal tax idiot.  Please take care of them for they are stupid and incapable of survival without your help.
    What's sad is that I actually know several like this....
    Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Same here. If their taxes weren't deducted from each check and they had to write out a check at the end of the year, they'd be shocked.

Comment

Ah, but you see I LIKE getting money back.

I have ZERO, NO, NONE, Zilch self control, when I get 7 grand back I am friggin happy, yes I could deposit some small amount every week and end up with SLIGHTLY more because of interest earned, but I couldn't ever NOT spend it through the year.

So income tax return time is what I pay for my vacation with and any big toy I want.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 15 2004, 09:07 PM
          Same here. If their taxes weren't deducted from each check and they had to write out a check at the end of the year, they'd be shocked.
          Turd,

A friend of mine who has a business in town actually has his new employees sit down and figure out their own payroll. This way they can see what the govt is taking and the over half of FICA he is paying for them. He says it is a real eye opener for them. Every business should do this, and I will whenever we have employees.. Thanks for the article. Peace..

The Tailor

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

I don't mind getting money back either. I'd just like them to pay the interest that they'd expect if I owed them money.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 15 2004, 10:13 PM
              I don't mind getting money back either. I'd just like them to pay the interest that they'd expect if I owed them money.
              If interest rates were higher and we were talking real money I might give a damn.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Apr 15 2004, 09:13 PM
                Well said... The first Beck's is for you.. I'm outta here.. Have a good one..

\'user \'user

Comment

Working...
                X