Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoff Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NBA Playoff Predictions

    Regardless of all the injuries and off the court issues....when it comes time... My Lakers are going to win it AGAIN!
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.



  • #2
    The Kings are the only team I really cheer for, so I'll predict Kings all the way, even though it won't happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Apr 15 2004, 02:56 PM
      The Kings are the only team I really cheer for, so I'll predict Kings all the way, even though it won't happen.
      do your school work... :P
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.


      Comment


      • #4
        I predict very few people will care much about the NBA playoffs.
        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Apr 15 2004, 02:58 PM
          I predict very few people will care much about the NBA playoffs.
          Oddly....I care this year. Most years I don't care that much either.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Apr 15 2004, 02:58 PM
            I predict very few people will care much about the NBA playoffs.
            Just like the NHL, the only time I watch the NBA is during the playoffs.

            I like Memphis vs. Indiana.
            Make America Great For Once.

            Comment


            • #7
              EAST
              First round
              1 Pacers over 8 Celtics in 4
              5 Hornets over 4 Heat in 6
              3 Pistons over 6 Bucks in 4
              2 Nets over 7 Knicks in 4
              Semifinals
              1 Pacers over 5 Hornets in 5
              3 Pistons over 2 Nets in 7
              Finals
              1 Pacers over 3 Pistons in 7

              WEST
              First round
              1 Timberwolves over 8 Nuggets in 6
              4 Kings over 5 Mavericks in 7
              3 Spurs over Grizzlies in 6
              2 Lakers over 7 Rockets in 6
              Semifinals
              1 Timberwolves over 4 Kings in 6
              3 Spurs vs 2 Lakers -- not predicting a winner yet but the winner will win the Finals
              Finals
              Spurs/Lakers over Timberwolves in 6

              FINALS
              Spurs/Lakers over Pacers in 6

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TTB@Apr 15 2004, 01:55 PM
                Regardless of all the injuries and off the court issues....when it comes time...  My Lakers are going to win it AGAIN!
                No doubt you believed the same thing last year, TTB.

                I bet on SA from the beginning and was ultimately rewarded handsomely for my instincts.

                The Lakers will not win it all. However, and luckily for them, Malone is fresh, but the bench isn't as deep or experienced. More importantly, Fox, an underrated defender and niche player, is again out of the playoffs for a second straight year.

                Do not count out SA again - even with Nesterovic as center. They all know their roles, defend, and execute within a system. Parker is basically unstoppable (unless his mind gets in the way), and they have the most underrated coach in the league. Not ready to predict they will win it all (Memphis may a tough first-round matchup), but, as usual, they get absolutely no respect and are still right there in the mix in the end.

                Oh, and they have this guy named Tim something or other.
                "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

                "Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Lakers bench is much better than it was last year, with Fisher and George coming off the bench and Medvedenko actually being a real player now. Last year, Fisher started and George became a starter because Fox got hurt. Also, Fox isn't out for the playoffs. In fact, according to the Lakers broadcast last night, he could be ready to go for Game 1.

                  The Spurs and Lakers are by far the two best teams in the West, when it comes to playing playoff basketball.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    News to me...last I heard Fox was out, but his availability will be a definite plus for them.

                    I still believe their bench play is questionable, especially when attempting to execute the triangle, which they ultimately abandon in games anyway. Fisher and George aside, I believe little faith should be placed in anyone else from the bench in the post-season.

                    Lastly, I really question their mental toughness as a team when pressed and an opposing team doesn't just lie down when the Lakers take the court. Teams are gunning for them harder. Noone is frightened as before. The aura that was so prevalent in years past is gone, and with it their invincibility.

                    Teams like SA are primed to knock them off (although SA, a team lacking that killer instinct, will always make games and series more exciting than they should sometimes ever be.)
                    "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

                    "Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Lakers are at their best in close games, which is why I think mental toughness isn't an issue. The only team in the West who has what it takes to beat them is San Antonio, because they have guys who can defend both Shaq and Kobe reasonably well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fox isn't the injury LA should worry about. Malone is. He's the guy that keeps the team playing loose and fun (along with being a pretty darn good player still). If he can't go, it will be tough for them.

                        I agree with dev that the Spurs or Lakers will win again. The only thing that will keep either down is injuries (Duncan or Kobe and/or Malone).

                        I'm still amazed the Heat are a 4 seed. The Van Gundy's did fairly well this year. I'm happy to see the Grizz and Nuggets get in.

                        I'll give a shot at predictions:

                        Indy in 4
                        NO in 7
                        Det in 4
                        NJ in 4

                        Indy over NO in 5
                        Det over NJ in 5

                        Det over Indy in 7

                        Minn in 7
                        Mavs in 7
                        Spurs in 5
                        LA in 5

                        Minn over Mavs in 5
                        LA over Spurs in 7 (toss-up)

                        LA over Minn in 5

                        LA over Det in 7

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 15 2004, 02:45 PM
                          The Lakers are at their best in close games, which is why I think mental toughness isn't an issue. The only team in the West who has what it takes to beat them is San Antonio, because they have guys who can defend both Shaq and Kobe reasonably well.
                          They (and all previous Phil Jackson teams) are at their best, actually, when having home court adv. I think I heard his teams are like 40-0 or something in series' with home court.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slow groove+Apr 15 2004, 03:28 PM-->
                            QUOTE (slow groove @ Apr 15 2004, 03:28 PM)

                          • #15
                            Originally posted by slow groove@Apr 15 2004, 03:39 PM
                            News to me...last I heard Fox was out, but his availability will be a definite plus for them.

                            I still believe their bench play is questionable, especially when attempting to execute the triangle, which they ultimately abandon in games anyway. Fisher and George aside, I believe little faith should be placed in anyone else from the bench in the post-season.

                            Lastly, I really question their mental toughness as a team when pressed and an opposing team doesn't just lie down when the Lakers take the court. Teams are gunning for them harder. Noone is frightened as before. The aura that was so prevalent in years past is gone, and with it their invincibility.

                            Teams like SA are primed to knock them off (although SA, a team lacking that killer instinct, will always make games and series more exciting than they should sometimes ever be.)
                            I think I smell some 'favoriteteamitus' sneaking into your analysis.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.


                            Comment

                            • Working...
                              X