Brushes with Greatness, Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushes with Greatness, Part II

Just stood outside in downtown Des Moines as the presidential motorcade passed by minutes ago.

The president flashed us a thumbs-up sign.

At least I think that was his thumb.

I didn't know how to react, so I thought to myself, "What would Trig do if he saw Tony LaRussa driving down the street?"

So I blew him a kiss.

Interestingly enough, it appeared the president was reading a book. Couldn't see the title, but there was a goat on the cover.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

This thread is intentionally and maliciously mislabeled.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Apr 15 2004, 11:17 AM
      This thread is intentionally and maliciously mislabeled.
      If somebody can categorize meeting Al Hrabaosky as a brush with greatness, I should be able to say that regarding our eloquent commander in chief.

By the way, you know the president is in town when you see two women walking down the street, holding hands and carrying a protest sign.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 15 2004, 11:20 AM
        By the way, you know the president is in town when you see two women walking down the street, holding hands and carrying a protest sign.
        Why was Cheney's daughter there?
        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 15 2004, 12:20 PM
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Apr 15 2004, 11:22 AM-->
            QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Apr 15 2004, 11:22 AM)

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan+Apr 15 2004, 11:24 AM-->
            QUOTE (kennyboyerfan @ Apr 15 2004, 11:24 AM)
            Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 11:22 AM

Unless you are bigger than an Iowa corn cob, I'd stay the hell away from it.
            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Apr 15 2004, 11:31 AM-->
              QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Apr 15 2004, 11:31 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 11:24 AM
              Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 15 2004, 11:39 AM
              I went with the one that always works. (Stolen from Steve Martin.)

"Hi there," I said, taking a puff on a cigarette. "I make a LOT of money."

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Apr 15 2004, 12:54 PM-->
                QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Apr 15 2004, 12:54 PM)

this isn't so much a brush with greatness as it is celebrity gossip.

Jared from Subway went to I U....well...he used some of his subway money on call girls and got herpes.

Amy Dubman is a pill head.
                Are you on the list?

Comment

does being sodomized by Jennifer Blome count? I know a guy....
                  Are you on the list?

Comment

I had to complain when Jerry Lee Lewis broke a piano stool. (I needed to use it myself).
                    v

Comment

Meeting Jackie Chan and Sylvester Stallone at the Grand Opening of Planet Hollywood in Hong Kong..

Stallone..a few inches away from being a midget...

Comment

• Working...
                        X