Iraq - Post War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq - Post War

good NPR story this morning...Bob E interviewed Ret. Gens. McCaffrey and Odom about the situation in Iraq from a military perspective...even if one stipulates that we got into the war for all the right reasons, the post-war plan (or lack thereof) poses some serious concerns about the competence of the administration...

http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1837816
    The Dude abides.

Good interview Moe.

Like they said, this doesn't stop on Nov. 3rd and success is critical.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 15 2004, 09:41 AM
      Good interview Moe.

Like they said, this doesn't stop on Nov. 3rd and success is critical.
      Cutting and running is not an option. My fear is they are blundering their way to making this unnecessarily difficult...
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Screw the generals - Rumsfeld knows better.
        2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Apr 15 2004, 11:24 AM
          Screw the generals - Rumsfeld knows better.
          The underplayed story...the uniformed military's disgust with the Rummy and the neocon cabal...

btw, there is a superb piece of reporting in the new Vanity Fair about the march to war...great inside stuff/sources...written by Bryan Burrough and friends...puts it all together...
          The Dude abides.

Comment

Vanity Fair

NYTimes

NPR

Slate

It's good you've got all the angles covered.
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 15 2004, 11:38 AM
              Vanity Fair

NYTimes

NPR

Slate

Would you care to provide us with some information from a "more reputable" media source in which Pentagon officials and past generals state they agree completely with Rumsfeld's handling of the war?

[here comes the "I don't take homework assignments" line he always uses when he's got nothing in response.]
              2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Who writes articles like that?

Only "bad news" or differing opinion actually makes the news.

Better yet, which dominant media "source" would include something like that?

That "objective baseline" is the concept that's rubbish.
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 15 2004, 11:42 AM
                  Who writes articles like that?

Only "bad news" or differing opinion actually makes the news.
                  If Pentagon officials were lining up to praise Rumsfeld, it would be on the front page of FrontPageMag.com, your favorite resource. It would then be copied by NewsMax, Fox News, Drudge, Rush, Hannity, and the rest of your brethren on the "right".

So - you discount the criticism from the "liberal" press, but you've got no "reputable" media to back up your side? What a shocker.

Comment

So much bullshit - so little time, eh Triggy?

Why should I post any of that stuff for you?

I've actually got you asking for it now.

Just too goddamn funny,.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 15 2004, 11:38 AM
                      Vanity Fair

NYTimes

NPR

Slate

Your boy Chris Hitchens - megaphone for Bush, pro-Iraq - writes for VF. Bryan Burrough worked for the WSJ after he left MU J-school and has an outstanding reputation (Barbarians at the Gate, etc.).

I wouldn't expect you to actually read the article, anyway, as you already know all there is to know and have the unique ability to accurately judge a book by it's cover.

BTW, the NPR interview was with retired military. Your cohort Lazy thought it valuable.

Moe
                      The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 15 2004, 11:45 AM
                        So much bullshit - so little time, eh Triggy?
                        Again - you've got nothing. Why do you even bother humiliating yourself so?

Haven't you ever heard the expression "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it's true?"

Obviously not.

Yeah, JD, the liberals are out to paint the military as being anti-Rumsfeld, but it ain't true, because they're biased, and the lack of any evidence to the contrary only proves the greater conspiracy by the liberal media. Better put on your tinfoil hat soon.

Comment

You speak as though it actually exists.
                          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

To show people you're not just talking out of your ass.

Comment

I could post supportive article after article from Frontpage and have Trollfucktions go into high moral dudgeon about this source of that source.

It's a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X