Wainright, Haren Impress Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wainright, Haren Impress Again

I apologize if this has been discussed.....

I heard on the radio today that each of them impressed in the doubleheader yesterday.

No earned runs between them. I think Haren gave up an unearned run.

So what, if anything does this mean? If not this year, but for the future?

If this team continues to play as it is now, would you advocate bringing either of these two guys up, or would you say keep there in AAA all year and then give them the ball the following year?

Personally, as much as I'd love to see them w/ the big club, I'd like them to stay in AAA until Sept. Get as much seasoning and confidence as possible.

To those w/ more knowledge of our farm system..... Aside from those two guys, who else do we have that might be ready for the major league club in 2005? Pitchers, only.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 15 2004, 07:58 AM
    would you say keep there in AAA all year and then give them the ball the following year?
    Yes. I don't think you bring either of them up, period. The only ones I would bring up are Calerio or Ryan...I would let the guys that are legit 1/2 starters get all the innings they can.

Haren and Wainwright should be locks for next years rotation. Hawksworth, Pharrot and Narveson are probably another year away.
    Are you on the list?

Comment

Barring a trade, who would they replace in the rotation?

Not who do you WANT them to replace, but who would Cards mgmt replace?

Morris, Williams and Suppan are in there good or bad for the year. Marquis is young too. Carpenter if he isn't starting serves no purpose to this team, and after waiting for over a year, they aren't going to bump him until he can't get through the 3rd inning.

Would anyone want Marquis or Carpenter? Perhaps, for a A player or players. I don't know.

I'd like to see Haren here in the rotation. Wainwright not so much.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

why would you want to give up on Marquis so quick? We've got the guy signed for two years, don't we? He was impressive in his last start, I would stick with him because I think he's got the nuts to be a solid 3 or 4 guy.
        Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Apr 15 2004, 08:08 AM
          why would you want to give up on Marquis so quick? We've got the guy signed for two years, don't we? He was impressive in his last start, I would stick with him because I think he's got the nuts to be a solid 3 or 4 guy.
          Who said we should?
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

cool...i wasn't sure why you wanted to trade him
            Are you on the list?

Comment

The Cardinals won't replace anyone in the rotation unless there is an injury.

My "fear" is that Woody goes down and they bring up Haren or Wainright -- for essentially no reason other than to fill a spot.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 15 2004, 07:58 AM
                I apologize if this has been discussed.....
                Winston,

Good news can always be posted multiple times.

Especially if the terms "impress" and "Cardinal pitching" are included.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Apr 15 2004, 08:17 AM
                  The Cardinals won't replace anyone in the rotation unless there is an injury.

My "fear" is that Woody goes down and they bring up Haren or Wainright -- for essentially no reason other than to fill a spot.
                  If that happens I'd rather they bring up Kiko or Jason Ryan, or give Simontacchi a chance to redeem himself.
                  Are you on the list?

Comment

the Haren/Wainwright box scores are in the Cardinals Minor League thread
                    Are you on the list?

Comment

I agree, BLU.

No reason to waste an option, either.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Apr 15 2004, 09:21 AM
                        ...or give Simontacchi a chance to redeem himself.
                        Su you've already given up on the season?
                        Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Well...I see Haren/Wainwright as untouchable...while I think Ryan, Calero and Simontacchi, if given enough work to actually show what they can do, could be trade bait.
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

There may be some good in bringing them up when rosters expand. Especially if you count on them to be starters next year.
                            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Lazy, that's how I'd handle it.

Comment

Working...
                              X