This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doors DEFEAT Run DMC

This is the final night of the opening round.
    The Doors
    0%
    Run
    0%

A lot of people think the Doors provided the soundtrack for Viet Nam..not so. I still voted for them.
    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf@Apr 15 2004, 06:53 AM
      A lot of people think the Doors provided the soundtrack for Viet Nam..not so. I still voted for them.
      You mean you didn't hear "This is the End" while trudging through the Jungle............
      AKA reddevil
      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

more Temptations and Four Tops.....
        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time.... It's TRICKY! TRICKY TRICKY TRICKY TRICKY!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 15 2004, 08:38 AM
            It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time.... It's TRICKY! TRICKY TRICKY TRICKY TRICKY!
            ...So tricky, in fact, that the trio that popularized two turntables and a mike are getting little respect here.

The Doors put out some interesting stuff before Morrison's questionable death, and some absolute drudgery, but Run DMC, I believe, should be given additional props for not only the mainstream introduction of what is now a billion-dollar genre, but also for catchy hit music.
            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove+Apr 15 2004, 08:56 AM-->
              QUOTE (slow groove @ Apr 15 2004, 08:56 AM)

Run DMC is bad. Not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning GOOD!

RIP Jam Master Jay :(
              You can't kill terror
              So let's declare war
              There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

They're the kings of rock, there are none higher, sucker MC's -- should call them sire.

Apparently this proclamation doesn't apply when facing The Doors in this competition, however. :(
                "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I'm incredibly biased.. I love the Doors.. They're easily my favorite band... Anyway.. To get away from labeling them as pop.. Here's some of their better stuff, that really isn't publicized as much, if at all.

The Soft Parade (one of my favorite songs)

Woman is a devil (cool Blues song.. Don't believe was released til 99)

"
                  Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

I voted RUN DMC, but it's a toss up.

Both were very influential.

I would say that on the hip hop side though, Fatback he did King Tim (the first rap song to make it on the radio) and Sugar Hill Gang (Who most people think was the first) along with Grand Master Flash deserve as much if not more credit.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

This one was easy: The Doors.

In twenty years, Jim Morrison will still be talked about.

Run DMC will be an after thought.
                      Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by ScottStevens@Apr 15 2004, 01:49 PM
                        Run DMC will be an after thought.
                        You be illin'.
                        You can't kill terror
                        So let's declare war
                        There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

I didn't like the doors all that much, until I saw the movie, but I like them now.

RUN-DMC, on the other hand released their landmark album, Rasin' Hell, in 1986, when I was in the 7th or 8th grade.

I remember that being a transitional sort of time, musically, for me, as a lot of friends of mine listened to many different things.

I also loved the collaboration with Aerosmith on "Walk This Way", which was the impetus for commercial acceptance of rap music.

Comment

Show me the way...to the next Whiskey Bar...oh, dont ask why..

I am the Lizard King...sorry..that was Gonzo

Comment

• Working...
                              X