Dontrelle Willis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dontrelle Willis

He's a triple away from the cycle tonight, batting 1.000 thus far, on the season, and by the way, he's got an 8-0 lead.
    First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

wow. coooool.

He is fun to watch.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I doubt the Marlins' coaching staff appreciate Dontrelle sliding headfirst into bases and stuff, but I certainly do.

Comment

in search of: has any pitcher ever hit for the cycle? I've done a few searches, came up empty.

If anyone can do it, it's Dontrelle. I'm rooting for him.

Comment

Mindboggling, they yanked D-Train before he got the chance to go for the triple. It's a damn 9-0 lead now, let the guy bat in the top half, then yank him.

Comment

glen,

Let's slow the train down a bit.

I would have like to seen him get the cycle. But, a triple is statiscally the hardest hit to get. If Dontrell would pull a hammy, or blow out a knee, attempting to strectch a sure double into a triple, McKeon and the 3rd base coach would have their necks on the chopping block.

In this case, I perfer to error on the side of caution.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Valid point. I'm getting ahead of myself, I suppose. Still would have been nice, and he's still one of the most exciting kids to watch in MLB.

Comment

after a little research...

Tom Parrott, Cincinatti Reds, 9/28/1894 (career .301 hitter, 15 hrs)
                Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

It's amazing how well he hides the ball.
                  Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Working...
                  X