• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hadley

Wednesday, April 14

SHARKS COACH DECLARES SERIES... OVER

13:38:30 CDT

SAN JOSE COACH RON WILSON SAYS IT OVER

MAKE SURE TO JOIN US (KTRS, THE BIG 550) AT O.B. CLARK'S FOR THE BIG SPORTS SHOW AND BLUES PRE-GAME SHOW TOMORROW NIGHT BEGINNING AT 6:30 P.M. THAT'S THURSDAY AT O.B. CLARK'S (LOCATED OFF HW40 & BRENTWOOD). WE'LL (THE BIG 550, KTRS) BREAK IT DOWN WHILE YOU ENJOY THE FOOD AND SPIRITS AT ONE OF THE BEST ESTABLISHMENTS IN ALL THE LAND... O.B. CLARK'S.

TONIGHT, ON KTRS (THE BIG 550), THE BIG SPORTS SHOW WILL AIR FROM 6:30-9:00 P.M.

THE MOUTH: San Jose Coach Ron Wilson was spouting off to his team last night after the Sharks beat the Blues that, "the series is over."

Wilson, continued the rant, "They're done, and it's our series."

Another member of the Sharks entourage then uttered, "They've quit, you can see it in their eyes, they've quit."

Wilson spewed again, "This is done, it's ours, this series is over."

It's amazing that a veteran coach would make statements of that nature within shouting distance of strangers. Besides, last time I checked, this is a best of seven series.

It shouldn't take additional motivation to spur the Blues. This veteran cast of players is very aware that a first-round ouster will mandate a significant roster changeover next season. As I wrote in previewing this series, this is the players' opportunity to stand together and be accounted.

Larry Pleau will be the GM next season; Mike Kitchen will be the coach next season. The core defensive players will return next season. From Reed Low to Mike Danton to Ryan Johnson, most of the support players will return next season.

It's the top nine forwards and Chris Osgood that are playing for the right to wear the 'Note next season. Those players will determine whether the Blues play in the second round of the playoffs this season.

Keith Tkachuk must convert opportunity into production. Pavol Demitra, who has heightened his play the last two games, must find a few more notches to his game.

For the first time in the series, Doug Weight and Brian Savage proved a burdensome tandem defensively. That can't happen again.

Coach Mike Kitchen might best be served inserting Eric Boguniecki on the second line, placing Scott Mellanby on the third line, and dropping Jamal Mayers to center on the fourth line.

Boguniecki will add speed and offense to the second line... hence the hope that the offensive output will better or at least balance soft defensive play.

Mellanby will add an additional offensive element to the third line and Mayers will add more grit and speed to the fourth line.

Mayers in essence would replace Pascal Rheaume, on the ice, while Boguniecki replaces Rheaume in the lineup.

Frankly, Osgood is pissing me off with his inconsistency. Yes, Weight & Co. struggled mightily in the second period last night. Yes, there were some defensive breakdowns... but Osgood was crap in the second period. His mishandling of the puck and inability to catch pucks cleanly are becoming tiresome. He is a world-class goalie that has mental lapses at the worst time. His refusal to speak to the media is childish, and must end.

Speak of goal scoring, speak of bad periods, but don't let Osgood of the hook. He can carry a team however twice in this series has helped bury the team.

Osgood is better than Evgeny Nabokov is, he'll have three more chances to prove it.

It's funny, during the KTRS NHL playoff preview show, and I noted that the Calgary-Vancouver series would be the best of the first-round matchups. I mentioned that the Dallas-Colorado series was too close to call and would come down to Marty Turco stealing a game or two. Dallas can tie the series this evening. I predicted Detroit would beat Nashville, however it would a close series, the key would prove to be Nashville's special teams. The series is tied and Nashville has all but smothered the 'Wings power play.

So those writing to mock my selection of the Blues winning in six games... are overlooking everything I said about the West Conference proving true... and that in the end I was simply wrong about the game count with The 'Note.

It will be the Blues in seven games.

Much like Ron Wilson, naysayers, can take a long walk on a short pier.

Wilson says it's over, a minute number of detractors say it's over, however it ain't over until the Fat Hadley Sings.

Read this very slowly, and very clearly, the Blues will win this series.

I can't wait to hear what Wilson has to say after Game Seven!

That's not what he said last nite...

What a difference a scant 15 hours makes...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I still don't know whether Wilson really said anything. I think it'd be great if local StL sports fans took the time to ask him on the air whether he really said that, or if he just plain made it up.

I can't imagine it's a real quote. Wilson isn't stupid - he'd never say something like that.

Comment

Sadly, even with that motivation from the Shark's coach, I don't see the Blues doing anything about it.
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Hadley really is an idiot.

Comment

When last seen, Hadley was still trying to pick his fat ass off of the parking lot at Rams park.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Whether Wilson said it or not, it's pretty much true... again... unfortunately.
              First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Apr 14 2004, 07:15 PM
                Whether Wilson said it or not, it's pretty much true... again... unfortunately.
                It may be.......but we've seen what bulletin-board material can do first-hand. And it doesn't get much more outspoken than that, if what Hadley says is true (snicker).

I still don't expect them to win, but this could give them a spark.

Comment

If Flounder says it, it has to be true! Blues in 7! Vive le moi! (he's too big to be an asscake...and too much of a poof. He should be an assquiche.)

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                  Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                  Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

I thought I was the only one calling Hadley...Flounder.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Is this like a few years back when the coach of i think Phonix guarenteed that his team would beat us and we won?

Oh and hadly is a moron

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

It shouldn't take additional motivation to spur the Blues. This veteran cast of players is very aware that a first-round ouster will mandate a significant roster changeover next season.
                        Uhhhh...... we could be so lucky.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

After tonight's game, Hadley will say "Blues in 9"
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF@Apr 15 2004, 12:46 AM
                            After tonight's game, Hadley will say "Blues in 9"
                            I'm surprised he's still talking hockey since he steadfastly stated that he wouldn't when the Wings won the cup two years ago....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                            X