Edmunds: Fatigue is now a factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmunds: Fatigue is now a factor

The Cardinals were outscored 26-9 by the Astros in an embarrassing three-game sweep.

In the post-game clubhouse, CF Jim Edmonds indicated that fatigue was an issue. He said the Cardinals had a "weird" schedule in that they had to go West (to Arizona) and then immediately home after that with no break.

Edmonds said that's no excuse, but added, "Travel is tough. It's not like what some of my friends think, that we show up at 5:30 and get in the car and go home at 10 as soon as the game's over, like Little Leaguers. It's not as easy as it looks on TV. And it's definitely not as easy as these fans think it is."

Everyone can interpret these remarks as they choose, but if they're tired on April 14, I don't consider that to be a particularly encouraging sign.

Cheers,
    Bernie
    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

un-freaking-believable...
    The Dude abides.

Comment

I know of 8 million reasons why I'd be able to sleep well.

As Wang likes to say: Poofers.

Comment

Good Lord.

Rest up on Thursday Jimmy.
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Apr 14 2004, 03:14 PM
          Good Lord.

Rest up on Thursday Jimmy.
          Sleep all day, Jimmy!

Seriously.

Comment

They should pay them more.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm tired too.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I imagine they're tired of being behind everytime they look up at the scoreboard, having been the case for oh, about 172 games now.

Comment

I imagine some family showing up (let's say the kids had the day off from school). The old man drives two or three hours from Arkansas or someplace like that, they pay $200-$300 to see a game. They watch the Cardinals get whipped, 11-1. On the way home, he turns on the radio to hear Jim Edmonds talking about how tough the travel is.

Wonder if that poor bastard will bring his family back anytime soon.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if third place is too optimistic.

Tony put McKay in to pitch last week because he thought the BP was weary.

Now, Jimmy Edmonds is eluding to the entire squad as being "fatigued".

If this team is so "fatigued" eight games into the season, Lord help us all!!!
                    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

It's only April and they're already 'fatigued?'

Good lord.
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Some one get him a box of Kleenex....

Its like they are playing to get TLR fired....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

This is completely ridiculous.. It's so hard to like Jimmy sometimes, like when he makes these comments or jogs down to first.. But TLR lets him get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Apr 14 2004, 05:28 PM
                            Its like they are playing to get TLR fired....
                            think it'll work?

(ouch, I'm a bad fan!)
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I think that Edmonds was complaining about the idiotic schedule (i.e. flying to Arizona for a three game series and flying back to St. Louis). The very least Major League Baseball could have done was allowed the Cardinals to play another series on the West Coast as compared to flying right back to St Louis without a day off. Logically speaking, i have to say that I agree with him.
                              Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Working...
                              X