Some perspective, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some perspective, please

Why must I always be the one to talk everyone down from the ledge? I am hoarse from being the voice of reason. But I will take the time, again, to explain why things are not as bad as some make them seem.

Look, this team needs time to gel, to bond, to come together, to mesh, to meld, to be as one, to act as a unit, to have road parties, to swap wives, to have hunting accidents with semi-automatic weapons. The same as any other championship team.

Too many new faces to blend together in order to make an accurate prediction on what the season holds in store at this point. Will Simontacchi pull it together? Can Womack continue to be somewhat productive? Will any of the other coaches' relatives make the team? It's too early to tell on these pivotal questions. So let's adopt a wait and see approach.

I remain confident that this team will play 162 games this year.
    I'm always right.

How long will it take the chemistry of this team to be dictated by the likelihood that they are playing for a lame-duck manager and pitching coach, and act accordingly like the players did in Whitey's last half-season? I like it here on the ledge, thank you.
    v

Comment

This team has never been the same since they got rid of Placido Polanco.

He was the glue that stirred the drink.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Too many new faces to blend together in order to make an accurate prediction on what the season holds in store
        Are you suggesting they go stick their faces in a blender?

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Apr 14 2004, 02:40 PM
          Too many new faces to blend together in order to make an accurate prediction on what the season holds in store
          Reggie's blender is already full.
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by kconn@Apr 14 2004, 02:40 PM
            Look, whatever they do on these road trip parties is up to the manager.
            I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe@Apr 14 2004, 01:40 PM
              How long will it take the chemistry of this team to be dictated by the likelihood that they are playing for a lame-duck manager and pitching coach, and act accordingly like the players did in Whitey's last half-season?
              The Blues had a lame duck coach this season and mailed it in on him. I could certainly see the same thing happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 14 2004, 03:35 PM
                I remain confident that this team will play 162 games this year.
                Is that all? No playoff games? Sorry, but you put it up on a tee......

Have faith folks, it can only get better. And the season isn't 2 weeks old, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe@Apr 14 2004, 02:40 PM
                  How long will it take the chemistry of this team to be dictated by the likelihood that they are playing for a lame-duck manager and pitching coach, and act accordingly like the players did in Whitey's last half-season? I like it here on the ledge, thank you.
                  I don't know how long it will take, but it will take some time. Perhaps a week. Perhaps a month. Perhaps until the All-Star break. Perhaps until the end of the year. But it will all be worth it when this team does get it together.

So turn that frown upside down.
                  I'm always right.

Comment

Hey, do you think they play pin the tail on the manager at those team parties?

Kill the man with the clipboard?

I wonder who wins their team softball games and what the combined runs scored in them are.
                    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise+Apr 14 2004, 02:47 PM-->
                      QUOTE (bcruise @ Apr 14 2004, 02:47 PM)

RE: road trip parties

Cards Road record: 3-0
                      Cards Home record: 1-6

coincidence???
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser+Apr 14 2004, 03:49 PM-->
                        QUOTE (kaiser @ Apr 14 2004, 03:49 PM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by Deacon Blues@Apr 14 2004, 02:49 PM
                        RE: road trip parties

Cards Road record: 3-0
                        Cards Home record: 1-6

coincidence???
                        Excellent point.

This team plays better when they can get away from the stress of playing at Busch. When they can leave their families behind and indulge in hookers and all night binges. When anything goes.

I'm confident that team leaders such as Matheny and Williams will take control of this club and direct the younger players in the right way to play the game and where the best strip joints are.

It's all about being a team.
                        I'm always right.

Comment

• Working...
                          X