Log your complaints about Cards/pitching here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log your complaints about Cards/pitching here

First of all, I am really pissed off about getting swept by the Astros. We were overmatched and dominated by better starters and better releivers the whole series. First series of the season against our rival, and our team gets their ass kicked every game. At least win one game. They can't even do that.

I'm even more upset about the options this team has coming out of the bullpen.
    They don't scare anybody. Between Jason Simontacci and Cal Eldred, personally, I have seen enough of them, yet, those are two of the relievers this team honestly had in their plans to right this bullpen.

If anyone else feels as angry and pissed off about this series or the lack of bullpen depth, which wasn't improved signifcantly enough to even matter, please post here.

They don't give up near enough jacks, outside of Simo.
    Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

With the exception of a few good outings, it has absolutely sucked so far.
      "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

The number of good outings our bullpen has had this young season is few and far between.

Comment

cal eldred is looking very solid. We should expect big things from him this year.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Like Greg Maddux, Cards pitchers have always been better in warmer weather. You can't expect them to go out on a 60-degree day and perform their best.

Wait till August. They'll pick it up then.

The bright side is, they're doing their best to take the game out of the manager's hands.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

We need to play Taguchi more

Official sponsor - So Taguchi
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 14 2004, 01:05 PM
                We need to play Taguchi more

Official sponsor - So Taguchi
                can he pitch?

Comment

Isringhausen and Simontacchi are way too hard to spell. Somebody needs to take care of that right away!!!.

At least we don't have Stechschulte anymore...

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain@Apr 14 2004, 01:07 PM
                    Isringhausen and Simontacchi are way too hard to spell. Somebody needs to take care of that right away!!!.

At least we don't have Stechschulte anymore...

-RBB
                    Just replace them with Izzy and Kiko

Comment

always bring in the closer down 8-1

BRILLIANT!
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

For 900-thousand dollars I would expect a lot more..

Comment

Originally posted by Deacon Blues@Apr 14 2004, 01:07 PM
                          always bring in the closer down 8-1

BRILLIANT!
                          that’s right up there with having the closer intentionally walk someone.

Comment

Womack is going to regress to his old ways, and his inability to get on base is going to hinder our offense. I think the bullpen is going to get better, but the starting rotation concerns me and come mid-May it may be wise to bring up Haren.

Comment

Originally posted by dwtlr@Apr 14 2004, 01:08 PM
                              For 900-thousand dollars I would expect a lot more..
                              its all in the clubhouse... They are only paying for about 250K worth of actual pitching. It can be argued he is over performing.

Comment

Working...
                              X