• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft needs for the Rams

Head Coach - not an acceptable answer.

1. Offensive line -

2. Defensive line -

3. Linebacker

4. Safety - or whatever position Sehorn thought he was playing.

5. Running back

6. Defensive back
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

1. Defensive tackle (but they shouldn't draft one--they should do something to get something out of Pickett/Lewis/Kennedy)

2. Cornerback

3. Defensive end

4. Guard

5. Running back

6. Safety

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Apr 14 2004, 01:26 PM
      1. Defensive tackle (but they shouldn't draft one--they should do something to get something out of Pickett/Lewis/Kennedy)

2. Cornerback

3. Defensive end

4. Guard

5. Running back

6. Safety
      Dev - I should have broken my out better - good job.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I agree with Dev that the #1 draft priority should be a CB.

I'd rank their draft needs this way:

1. CB - absolute must
        2. QB - OG and DE are greater needs, but the Rams don't have a 2nd round pick this season, and you're not going to get a rookie starting OG or DE in the 3rd round. They can get a good QB that's 2-3 years away from starting @ this point...which is when they'll need one.
        3. RB - see above
        4. OG - for depth and a starter in 2-3 years. They'll need to fill their OG and DE spots with FAs this season.
        5. DE - see above
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Here is the way I look at it: It has been proven that you can find quality RBs and QBs in the later rounds, and if Martz is such a QB expert, he should be able to pick somebody he likes in the middle rounds, say a Josh Harris, whom I really like. Same can be said about a RB, so I think it would be foolish to take one in the first or third round. Our plan should be as the following:

1.) Offensive Line- an absolute must, and a position where it is harder to find a gem.
          2.) Cornerback- This is our biggest need, but I don't think we should reach to get a corner for the sake of getting a corner.
          3.) Defensive Line- echo what BBZ and Dev said, let's try and get something out of what we have now before we waste another first round pick.
          4.) Safety- another need, but pick should wait until the later rounds.

Comment

RB
            OG
            QB
            S
            The Dude abides.

Comment

Offensive line -

We have to protect our fragile all pro QB who ever that is. Turley was almost a bust and Pace until he signs long term can only be counted on this year. Easily the Rams biggest issue. No matter which All Pro we get rid of - the other guy can't go down - Chandler will get hurt going into the game and then we got - jack.

Defensive line -

Carolina opened up holes as big as St. Louis pot holes. We have had one real pass rusher for 3 years and we must upgrade - looks to me like our draft picks have been bust.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Corner Back...first and foremost

Offensive Guards..and quick

Tight End...not a Samoan, either.

HEAD COACH...hell yes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Apr 14 2004, 07:50 PM
                  Corner Back...first and foremost

Offensive Guards..and quick

Tight End...not a Samoan, either.

HEAD COACH...hell yes!!
                  Wang - you know I agree with you. But the draft is kind of weak on them.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

OG
                    CB
                    LB
                    RB
                    DE

But...I'd take the best player available at 26 at any of these positions
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

hc
                      gm
                      qb
                      cb
                      dl

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                      X