Photo mosaic of soldiers who died in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo mosaic of soldiers who died in Iraq

I saw this and thought I'd pass it along...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

I know it's trying to be a jab at Bush and the war. But if you can get by the politics for a minute, it's sad to see that so many Americans have died over there. Seeing faces means alot more then just saying the number that have died so far.

Comment

That's depressing.

Innocent lives snuffed out to win a "blood fued".

Rest assure..GHWB Karma will certainly catch up with him...

Comment

Assuming that it was a "blood fued."

And that's a HUGE assumption.
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

You dont think that a large part of his motivation was not to revenge his father..or the attempt Saddam put out on GWB's life??

Come on, man..that is part and parcel to his motivation..

Of course...Oil is just as big

Comment

Do any of you know anyone who burned alive in the Trade Center? This is a fight that had to happen. Sorry, I lost a very close friend there who they never found meaning there probably was nothing left of her. This Iraq thing had to happen and those who pretend otherwise are kidding themselves. I'm sorry we are losing soldiers, but I support it 1000%. If you don't have any close ties to it what does it matter I guess. If you don't think Hussein funded and supported Al-Qaeda then I don't know what to tell you....mostly you are naive. Saddam was a very smart man and he wanted more than anything else to have bad things happen to us here in the USA. I don't need proof of WMD to know he was involved. Losing American lives I agree is a terrible thing, but we as Americans need to support this fight. No matter who is in the Oval Office.
            I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Comment

Originally posted by psychlops@Apr 13 2004, 11:23 PM
              Do any of you know anyone who burned alive in the Trade Center? This is a fight that had to happen. Sorry, I lost a very close friend there who they never found meaning there probably was nothing left of her. This Iraq thing had to happen and those who pretend otherwise are kidding themselves. I'm sorry we are losing soldiers, but I support it 1000%. If you don't have any close ties to it what does it matter I guess. If you don't think Hussein funded and supported Al-Qaeda then I don't know what to tell you....mostly you are naive. Saddam was a very smart man and he wanted more than anything else to have bad things happen to us here in the USA. I don't need proof of WMD to know he was involved. Losing American lives I agree is a terrible thing, but we as Americans need to support this fight. No matter who is in the Oval Office.
              I didnt know any one personally in the WTC.

But that doesnt make them any less human.

A life is a life.

I agree with your post
              Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by psychlops@Apr 13 2004, 10:23 PM
                Message to Psy..

Iraq has no connection to the World Trade Centre...

Repeat...rinse..repeat

Comment

Wang, I really thought you were smarer than to latch onto the number one talking point of 14 months ago.

"He's doing it for daddy."

That's just dumb and there is no evidence that this was the case.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Psy,

I lost two there also.

The guy at the next desk when I worked in midtown in 1999.

Up in smoke @Cantor Fitzgerald.
                    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Sorry for you respective losses..

But, the invasion in Iraq had NOTHING to do with the events of the WTC..

Only a juvenile understanding of the situation and a belief that Bush is credible could possibly draw you to that conclusion..

But considering the posters...I can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinelander@Apr 13 2004, 10:09 PM
                        I know it's trying to be a jab at Bush and the war. But if you can get by the politics for a minute, it's sad to see that so many Americans have died over there. Seeing faces means alot more then just saying the number that have died so far.
                        its esp depressing when they come from texas because their pics will be in our paper and they'll tell a story about them. a kid who was killed sometime this past month had just turned 18 and his family didn't expect him to be in any danger because he wasn't assigned to go fighting, just going for some technical work or something. of course before they could make it to their destination, their convoy was ambushed and he didn't make it.

ps psyclops, there are plenty of soldiers over there who didn't know anyone who perished on 9/11. you don't always have to have a link to make it matter to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Apr 13 2004, 10:25 PM-->
                          QUOTE (Indu WangZi @ Apr 13 2004, 10:25 PM)

Like someone else said, politics aside, that's just terribly sad and depressing. I truly hope it ends up being worth it.

Comment

Psychlops..

Very well said and thanks for being civil in the discussion.

I understand an event that occurred can be a life altering event. While I dont believe there is a correlation between these, I can understand how your experience has impacted your outlook...and even I must respect that as well.

Cheers.

Comment

• Working...
                              X