Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Disallows Sura's Triple Double

ESPN.com

In case you missed it, Atlanta hawks guard Bob Sura was one rebound short of his 3rd consecutive triple double. With 4 seconds left and enjoying a 22 point lead, Sura missed a layup on purpose so he could snag the rebound and get his 3rd straight triple double.

Today the NBA disallowed it. If you missed the highlight, Sura raised his arms in the air proud of his "accomplishment". The NBA did the right thing.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

I don't know why the NBA would do that. They're all about stat padding.

Why else would you give 2 and sometimes 3 points for one basket?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Didn't someone pull something similar to that last year and got away with it?

I don't know, because I never follow the NBA anymore. I just remember hearing about it on SC.

Comment

Originally posted by bcruise@Apr 13 2004, 01:32 PM
        Didn't someone pull something similar to that last year and got away with it?

I don't know, because I never follow the NBA anymore. I just remember hearing about it on SC.
        Yeah, Ricky Davis missed a shot at his own basket on purpose so he could get a rebound to complete a triple double. The NBA vetoed that one too.
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Apr 13 2004, 01:33 PM
          Yeah, Ricky Davis missed a shot at his own basket on purpose so he could get a rebound to complete a triple double. The NBA vetoed that one too.
          Ricky Davis should have been, since he shot at his own basket.
          Sure at least shot at his own basket.
          I agree, dont let these stats become cheap. Should they disallow a rebound stat for someone who alley oops himself off the backboard for a dunk? (mcgrady/kobe)

Comment

Almost like when Brett Favre sacked himself, but not quite.

Good move by the NBA
            First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Apr 13 2004, 01:39 PM
              Almost like when Brett Favre sacked himself, but not quite.

Good move by the NBA
              That's such a tired arguement.

If you're an NFL QB and you roll out on a naked bootleg into the leagues leading sack guy and you don't even have the ball ready to throw, 10 out of 10 veteran starters will do the same thing.

Anyone who wouldn't will have an injury-shortened career.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Warner would have done the same thing, except he would have fumbled.

Comment

i'm an NBA fan, but i have to admit, who cares?

Comment

Working...
                  X