Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL, NHLPA plan to Meet April 29

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=79975

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

among topics of discussion: how to fuck the Blues and where to play golf.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 13 2004, 12:38 PM
      among topics of discussion: how to fuck the Blues and where to play golf.

This meeting is window dressing...

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Apr 13 2004, 11:39 AM-->
        QUOTE (007 @ Apr 13 2004, 11:39 AM)

I'm not optimistic that the two sides can get their shit together soon enough to avoid at least some disruption of the '04-'05 season.

Mr. G

Comment

If they're taking replacement players, I'll play. It's been a dream of mine to enter the league as a ferocious checker that knocks people down to the ice and further humiliates the poor sap by humping him.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Apr 13 2004, 12:42 PM-->
            QUOTE (BringBackZezel @ Apr 13 2004, 12:42 PM)
            Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 13 2004, 11:45 AM
            If they're taking replacement players, I'll play. It's been a dream of mine to enter the league as a ferocious checker that knocks people down to the ice and further humiliates the poor sap by humping him.
            You can be the first NHLer to be called for Obstruction, humping.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Apr 13 2004, 11:45 AM-->
              QUOTE (007 @ Apr 13 2004, 11:45 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 12:42 PM
              Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by 007@Apr 13 2004, 10:45 AM
              If you want some scoop, here's some: David Stern has been sought out by Bettman on several occasions this past year for help and guidance on how to handle things....
              Good. David Stern is the best commissioner in sports. He somehow got the players in his sport to agree to give back money if their salaries went over a certain percentage of revenue in certain years and to accept a maximum level salary based on experience and to accept that when they hit free agency, their current team could offer more than anyone else could. I love the NBA's collective bargaining agreement. It should be the model the NHL strives for.

Comment

So, how many teams will the NHL be contracting, which ones, and will this FINALLY allow the return of the traditional divisions/conferences instead of this east/west stuff?
                First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Apr 13 2004, 02:47 PM
                  So, how many teams will the NHL be contracting, which ones, and will this FINALLY allow the return of the traditional divisions/conferences instead of this east/west stuff?
                  You don't get it: the NHL isn't 'contracting' teams, per se....with an extended lockout, the hope is teams run out of business and, in a sense, contract themselves....

Comment

You don't get it: They can talk all they want, dollars to doughnuts there's going to be a long lockout and teams will cease to exist.
                    First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

Originally posted by glen a richter@Apr 13 2004, 07:28 PM
                      You don't get it: They can talk all they want, dollars to doughnuts there's going to be a long lockout and teams will cease to exist.
                      Isn't that what he just said?
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Apr 13 2004, 11:45 AM
                        i feel sorry for any rookies around you.

Comment

• Working...
                          X