Local Boy Does Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Boy Does Good?

How proud Missouri must be to have sent this asshole to work as Attorney General of the United States.

Report on Ashcroft
    As for Ashcroft, the report stated that the day before the Sept. 11 attacks, he rejected an FBI appeal for an extra infusion of money for counterterrorism, according to a Sept. 11 commission staff statement released Tuesday.

The report said Ashcroft on Sept. 10, 2001, rejected a request made earlier by acting FBI Director Thomas Pickard for “further counterterrorism enhancements” in the 2002 budget, which already would have boosted FBI spending by 8 percent.

That rejection came four months after Ashcroft, in testimony at a Senate terrorism hearing, said the Justice Department “has no higher priority” than protecting Americans from terrorism at home and abroad. And the decision occurred after months of rising concern at high government levels that Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaida network might be preparing a major attack against U.S. interests.

The commission staff statement quotes a former FBI counterterrorism chief, Dale Watson, as saying he “almost fell out of his chair” when he saw a May 10 budget memo from Ashcroft listing seven priorities, including illegal drugs and gun violence, but not terrorism.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4730946/
    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

I can understand this. At the time Ashcroft was much more concerned about covering up marble breasts in the capitol with $10,000 velvet curtains.

Just look at this disgusting image. Something had to be done about it. Terrorism has to take a back seat to making sure children cannot see this type of display when they are at home watching AG press conferences. Think about the children!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X