Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleacher Creature
    replied
    I'm on the ineligible list to give blood, simply because I resided in Great Britian for more than three months since 1980. I was there from 78 - 81 in the USAF.

The guidelines disqualify anyone residing in certain countries since 1980.

I was honest. But, I'm also dissapointed, because if I'd been exposed to Mad Cow Disease, I would think I would have been sick since then.

Leave a comment:

• BurnKU
    replied
    You can always put the "do not use my blood" sticker on when you are done. They need to change the way they award points.

Leave a comment:

• lasvegasreb
    started a topic Missouri Sorority Urged to Lie About Health

Missouri Sorority Urged to Lie About Health

Story

In an e-mail sent last Tuesday to about 170 members of Gamma Phi Beta, Christie Key, the chapter's blood donation coordinator, wrote: ``I dont care if you got a tattoo last week LIE. I dont care if you have a cold. Suck it up. We all do. LIE. Recent peircings? LIE.''
    I used to work for the national ARC doing a blood drive program, and I've been to that cattle drive at Columbia. Although I believe this has more to do with the pressures of Greek Week than the blood drive, the whole thing would be better off spread across a few days -- too much of a cattle drive and less a blood drive.

The FDA comes down HARD on this stuff. Doubtful this will exist in the same form next year. My first blood drive I ever ran, messed something up, and had to answer to some bureaucrat and almost lost my job.

Course, what else do they have to do in Washington DC?
Working...
X