Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg: I stand corrected

This bullpen is MUCH better.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 13 2004, 09:56 AM
      This bullpen is MUCH better.
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I knew you'd be back, slithering on your belly like a hyena.

No, it wasn't so hot last night, although Lincoln really didn't pitch as badly as it looked. (He PLAYED as badly as it looked, however.) If Anderson catches the ball, they're only down by one and still in the game.

Even good pens are going to blow some games. I think this one will help us a lot more than it's going to hurt us.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 13 2004, 09:59 AM
          I think this one will help us a lot more than it's going to hurt us.
          Man, you are one optomistic/brainwashed dude!
          RIP Stan the Man
          The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
          I miss TLR!

Comment

Sorry, dude. I think the pen is going to be a plus this year. I can try and be dishonest and say it's going to SUCK, it always SUCKS, Tony SUCKS, but I'm not very good at it.

Comment

Do hyenas slither?

Look, Reg, I understand: Everything's great. It will continue to be great right up until that moment when the Cardinals are out of contention, when you will start looking forward to the next season, which will be great.

But you violated one of the immutable laws of an internet forum: Whatever you say with absolute certainty will be proven wrong the following day.

So I expect the pen to come up huge tonight. But not huge enough to overcome one of the Manager for Life's dumb moves.
              "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Look at it this way: If you were to replace last year's pen with seven randomly selected arms -- throw darts at a list of ML pitchers -- the pen couldn't HELP but be better. There's just nowhere to go but up, and we've got some guys who have actually pitched pretty WELL in the past.

There is plenty of reason to be legitimately optimistic about the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 13 2004, 09:33 AM
                  Look at it this way: If you were to replace last year's pen with seven randomly selected arms -- throw darts at a list of ML pitchers -- the pen couldn't HELP but be better. There's just nowhere to go but up, and we've got some guys who have actually pitched pretty WELL in the past.

There is plenty of reason to be legitimately optimistic about the pen.
                  I agree - last night was one of those nights. I think the pen is much improved this year and is a reason for optimism. If the 2b in LF catches the ball, we ain't bitching about the bullpen.
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

so bitch about the LF now.
                    Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Is the bullpen improved? Yes.

Is it good? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Apr 13 2004, 09:36 AM
                        so bitch about the LF now.
                        Already did that.

Thanks for the advice though.
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Apr 13 2004, 09:35 AM-->
                          QUOTE (ElviswasaBluesFan @ Apr 13 2004, 09:35 AM)

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan+Apr 13 2004, 10:37 AM-->
                          QUOTE (ElviswasaBluesFan @ Apr 13 2004, 10:37 AM)

Originally posted by GloveSaveandaBeauty@Apr 13 2004, 09:37 AM
                          Is the bullpen improved? Yes.

Is it good? Not really.
                          FAR....Actually, I agree with this.
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Working...
                            X