This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **MUST READ THREAD REGARDING FORUM AFFAIRS***

In the past few months, we have experienced great and tremendous growth here @ the Lounge. It’s been great conversing with all the folks with differing views on sports, politics, religion and theories. Sometimes tense, sometimes enjoyable.

However, recently there has been a trend that has seeped in a bit here. We have all continued to push the envelope to see what will get sacked and what won’t by admins or moderators in what seems to be ‘for the hell of it’ with our pictures in our sigs and avatars.

This trend needs to change in the other way so that more people can enjoy posting and viewing this board in a more relaxed manner, rather than having to worry who is looking over their shoulders when doing so.

Continue to be racy and on the cutting edge of talk.

Continue to push the envelope on your postings.

But please take into consideration what is posted in our pictures that everyone has to see when reading posts associated with our fellow users. If you feel that something may be crossing a line, we need to use the old NSFW designation in either our subject lines or in our post should you want to show someone a picture of something of interest. Afterall, isn’t that was NSFW means: not safe for work?

I don’t think it’s too far of a reach for us fine folks to be more respectful of our fellow posters with this simple request. Any avatars or sigs that reach this boundry need to be adjusted no later than Sunday, or they will be adjusted then.

And lastly, this isn’t a free speech issue by any means: this is showing some respect to our fellow users and giving them the right to read the board from their workplaces. Any association with this issue, in my lone view, is false.

If you have a problem with this request, feel free to PM steve or I as our door is always open.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy
Working...
X