Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nerd Alert! Who collected comics as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerd Alert! Who collected comics as a kid?

just asking everyone?
    I liked the X-Men and Justice League.
    Are you on the list?

gigli.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Sgt. Rock, man. Make War No More.

Comment

Brief flirtation with Comics.............Went straight to Mad magazine...........
        AKA reddevil
        AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

I had a bunch of Jesus comics. I get the feeling I was denied a childhood.
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Nerd extraordinaire here!

Favorites were X-Men, Alpha Flight, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Dark Knight era of Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil, Thor, Judge Dredd.

Still got 'em stashed away in the closet. I guess I'm waiting for the day when they'll be "worth a million bucks" as I thought as a kid, and then I can sell them. Nah, I'll probably just keep them around, pull out a box every few years and relive a little bit of childhood.

Moon

Comment

X-Men, Green Lantern, Superman, Sgt. Rock, Star Wars, and I had just about every GIJOE comic ever released. They aren't worth shit though. Now they sit and moulder in a box in my basement.

Comment

Fantastic Four, I had #4 at one point, always thought about getting #1 when i got older just to have it.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Apr 12 2004, 04:49 PM
                  Brief flirtation with Comics.............Went straight to Mad magazine...........
                  Same here.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Iron Man, Fantastic 4, Thor, Captain America, Superman and Batman too
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

At one time had the complete collection of the original Zap Comix,and Fabulous
                      Furry Freak Brothers.

Comment

Anyone ever read the Tic?

Funny as hell.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Skipped comics, went straight to Playboy....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Apr 12 2004, 05:21 PM
                            Skipped comics, went straight to Playboy....
                            Same here, except I skipped Playboy and went straight to Hustler...

I'm currently working on a comic book though...it's going to be funny...or possibly gay...perhaps a bit of both...hard to really tell @ this point...
                            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                            -mike
                            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

And who is to say that you can't be connoisseur of the work of John Byrne and Arny Freytag at the same time?

Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X