Woody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody

I will predict that Woody will go a full 5 innings tonight.

What say you?
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

What is the pitching matchup and are we home or away?

Comment

I don't know.

I am scared though.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I think 5 innings is about right.

Who's pitching for Houston?
        I'm always right.

Comment

Anybody else think it's strange that the Cards have a three-game west coast trip with no days off either before or after? Clearly a plot against us.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 12 2004, 10:04 AM
            Who's pitching for Houston?
            I know who's not pitching.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

home for woody.

6 innings, 7 hits, 2 BB, 4runs, 1 win

Pitching agianst fernandez.
              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 12 2004, 09:06 AM
                home for woody.

6 innings, 7 hits, 2 BB, 4runs, 1 win

Pitching agianst fernandez.
                In that case:

7 1/3 innings pitched.

Woody won't get a complete game because it's obvious that Izzy needs work.

Comment

I bet the Stros wished they hadn't traded Jeriome Robertson now. I still don't understand why they did that. He won 15 games last year didn't he? You always have injuries on your pitching staff and you have to figure Clemons is only going to pitch one year.
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I'm going 6 1/3 innings. The Astros will start to rally and get runners on the corners, and then TLR will start the 5 pitchers-to-the-end-of-the-ever-loving-game schedule. We'll win (by virtue of me starting Woody in my fantasy league today).

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Indeed, as Lazy notes, the Astros pitcher today is Jared Fernandez, a rather large righthander with a 27.00 ERA early in the season. Has only gone 2/3 of an inning, though. I would guess the Astros hope to get more out of him tonight.

I have made a mental note concerning those who failed to bring this information to my attention earlier when I demanded it.
                      I'm always right.

Comment

2 innings, then an injury. With Pettite and Prior shelved, we've got to keep up with the joneses.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Woody will pitch 5-6 innings and get the win.

Comment

The Cardinals teed off on Steve Sparks Saturday night. They're salivating for another knuckleballer.

For that reason, they'll fall flat tonight against Fernandez.

Woody continues to improve, though. Five innings, two runs. No injuries.

It'll be the bullie's game. Houston takes game one. St. Louis squirms in its seat.

Who needs Nostradamus?
                            Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Woody pitches well in Houston. Between five and six innings, two runs, 80-90 pitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X