X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your STL Cardinals...

What a difference a weekend makes...

Lineup is red hot

Some good SP performances (Morris, Marquis)

Womack is an OB machine

How 'bout anderson off the bench..clutch yesterday

WTF was Tony doin walkin Gonzo in the 9th yesterday. Your closer shouldn't typically pitch around guys, yes? Oh well it worked, i guss

CG, what's up with King? Scoop?

Damtoft, I see your boy So got himself a hit and a few minutes in the bright lights..
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Hasn't taken my boy Dunc long to turn this staff around.

Start saving up for playoff tics now.
    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

WTF was Tony doin walkin Gonzo in the 9th yesterday. Your closer shouldn't typically pitch around guys, yes? Oh well it worked, i guss
      That was the right move. Sexson was a bigtime K candidate, although Izzy couldn't find the plate.

Putting the winning run on base isn't a habit you want to develop, but there are times and places for it.

Comment

It was absolutely stupid.

But, it was also typical.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I am not agaisnt pitchin around guys in certain circumstances, but not with your closer... I mean Izzy should just plain get after folks.

Its the mindset...agressive, just chuck it, my best your best.

Ah well, it worked, just could be fall into that overthinking category.

Comment

Arizona pitched to the Cardinals the way the Cardinals pitched to the Brewers.

It's obvious this team can hit belt high fastballs, but we haven't faced a good pitching performance yet.

Still haven't learned too much about this team, but Morris and Marquis did pitch pretty well.

And a tip of the cap to Florida Marlon Anderson.
            I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 12 2004, 08:37 AM
              It was absolutely stupid.

But, it was also typical.
              Bourbon flashbacks...oh wait, that time, Tony walked the winning run into scoring position...

Now I feel better...hey, he only put him on first this time! :rolleyes:

For everybody who wonders why some of us can't stand tony, THAT's why!
              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

what I said before RayKing went in

and something else I said too

King needs to be used properly. I am all for him hittin the gym at some point this year. Or decade.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 12 2004, 08:36 AM
                  That was the right move. Sexson was a bigtime K candidate, although Izzy couldn't find the plate.
                  That's why it wasn't the right move. Glad it worked, though.

If Womack and Lankford continue to play well, I'm going to have to reassess this team. But I'm not fooled by Matheny's hot start. He did exactly the same thing last year before tailing off badly.

And I still think the bullpen is terrible.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

And I still think the bullpen is terrible
                    Terrible? Thats a little harsh, no? Replace simo with kiko...

Comment

How about the contribution of Ray-Ray!!!
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Sexson was 1-8 career against Izzy. I suppose him being less than pinpoint sharp yesterday might have been a factor against walking Gonzo, but I'd still rather face Sexson in that situation. Gonzo always finds a way to hurt us.

Comment

And I still think the bullpen is terrible.
                          The bullpen is very clearly NOT terrible. Mike Lincoln alone makes this an infinitely better pen than the one we came to know and love last year.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Apr 12 2004, 08:44 AM
                            what I said before RayKing went in

and something else I said too

King needs to be used properly. I am all for him hittin the gym at some point this year. Or decade.
                            If by "gym," you really mean "Ponderosa," then I'm all for it.

There is something special about watching an overweight guy play pro sports.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Apr 12 2004, 08:55 AM-->
                              QUOTE (steveInebriated @ Apr 12 2004, 08:55 AM)
                              Working...
                              X