Bo Hart\ Cody Mckay\ and this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo Hart\ Cody Mckay\ and this season

Tony, at some point this season - maybe in a long extra inning game will use Mckay, Hart, an outfielder, and a pitcher in some type of four man switch.

Mckay will start the inning as a pitcher with Bo catching. With no one on base the knuckleball just really needs to be retrieved and not caught. If someone does get on, Tony will brink in a pitcher, move Mckay behind the plate, and send Bo to either the outfield or second and take out that player. He will do the same thing as long as McKay is effective in any other innings depending upon when the real pitcher is scheduled to bat. Just my thinking.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

All your base are belong to us.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I just wanna see McKay pitchin to Hart.

Could you have guessed tha scenario 2 weeks ago?
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 12 2004, 09:35 AM

Nope - but man McKay was very good in his one outing - they almost have to try it again.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 12 2004, 08:35 AM

I always thought that Hart was the catcher... odd.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I don't understand why Hart was brought up. You already have 2 2b on the roster in Womack and Anderson. You also have Luna who is an infielder by trade. Why wasn't an outfielder brought up to take Cedeno's spot?

I'm telling you, having an infielder in the outfield will cost the Cardinals a game somewhere down the line.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I thought about this more.

I'm still confused.
              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Look, folks it's simple.

We brought up the guy who was the second best player in spring training behind McKay.

Saw McKay play 3rd base Friday--nifty play letting that grounder eat him up and deflecting it to Renteria for the game ending out. His father was beaming with pride.

Heard Hrabosky say that Cody is almost like family to La Russa.
                I'm always right.

Comment

That pitching stint alone was justification of his inclusion.
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Apr 12 2004, 09:48 AM
                    I don't understand why Hart was brought up. You already have 2 2b on the roster in Womack and Anderson. You also have Luna who is an infielder by trade. Why wasn't an outfielder brought up to take Cedeno's spot?

I'm telling you, having an infielder in the outfield will cost the Cardinals a game somewhere down the line.
                    i don't understand it either. but obviously, TLR has some fascination with Hart. i said the other day that i bet he'd be called up before the end of the month.

ah.......here it is. http://sportlounge.net/forum/index.p...topic=3614&hl=
                    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 12 2004, 09:27 AM
                      Look, folks it's simple.

We brought up the guy who was the second best player in spring training behind McKay.

Saw McKay play 3rd base Friday--nifty play letting that grounder eat him up and deflecting it to Renteria for the game ending out. His father was beaming with pride.

Heard Hrabosky say that Cody is almost like family to La Russa.
                      Kaiser,

Apparently TLR has fished with Cody's dad in the past. That's why he is on this team.
                      "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

FAR:

Fishing buddies? I knew it.

By the way, for those interested, McKay is supposed to start at catcher tomorrow, per TLR on the radio yesterday.

So the apparent plan to have Matheny catch 162 games has been altered.
                        I'm always right.

Comment

If Daaave's son is catching then who's pitching in relief?

Bo?

I wish I weren't confused about stuff.
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I thought it was funny the way he just nonchalantly trotted off the field as soon as he saw it go straight to Edgar.

Like Pee-Wee Herman, "I meant to do that."

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Apr 12 2004, 12:02 PM
                              If Daaave's son is catching then who's pitching in relief?

Bo?

I wish I weren't confused about stuff.
                              The way I got it figured CG it goes like this.

Cody Mckay is the pitcher and Bo is catching to start an inning. If a runner with speed gets on base, the Cardinals would then move Mckay behind the plate to catch, Bo would go to second or more likely the outfield and a real pitcher would then come in and you take the outfielder out of the game. Once a guy gets on base, Mckay probably doesn't have a pick off move and with a 54 mile per hour pitch, stealing would be very easy. To say nothing of knuckle balls bouncing in the dirt and allowing the runner to advance. Hopefully the real pitcher gets out of the inning with no damage.

The next inning you could then start again with Bo behind the plate - McKay pitching - and the pitcher that came in last inning playing the outfield. Switch the three around again if somebody gets on base.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X