Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger's slump

Come on,

He is great - but he seems to have lost a lot of his fastball.

Maybe the other's caught up to him - I don't think so. I think the type of focus to dominate like he was is a rare thing and very hard to keep over a long period of time.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

I am not sure what his problem is...

But, the slump is certain...

He double-bogeyed quite a few times at the Master's..things he never, ever used to do.

I am not sure what to attribute this to?? Maybe the surgery and his long lay-off...maybe his sup-bar Nike clubs (j/k)...

But he is in a huge funk...

Comment

I disagree that its a 'slump'....

Its a combination of things: Tiger has struggled (by his standard) and the players have indeed been forced to re-dedicate themselves to the game (like Mickelson) and caught up to his level on a more consistent basis...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

He's lost his edge, I blame his wife.

Comment

A friend of mine, who is a huge golf/Tiger Woods fan, says that Tiger hasn't been the same since he became engaged.

Maybe Tiger's thinking with the wrong head!

Comment

He won player of the year last year.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels@Apr 11 2004, 10:37 PM
              A friend of mine, who is a huge golf/Tiger Woods fan, says that Tiger hasn't been the same since he became engaged.

Maybe Tiger's thinking with the wrong head!
              Golf fans long speculated that once Tiger found a love-interest, his game would slip and for years Tiger's dad disputed that it would happen.....

Its an interesting correlation to make and seems plausible, but injuries and the skill of the other golfers improving come into the equation as well....to think otherwise doesn't give the field any credit....

Tiger's still the number one, but the others are/have gained....

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Apr 11 2004, 10:40 PM-->
                QUOTE (007 @ Apr 11 2004, 10:40 PM)

Originally posted by madyaks@Apr 11 2004, 09:39 PM
                He won player of the year last year.
                Yeah but there is a difference between the Tiger of today and the one from a few years back. Now he seems much more laid back to me. Back then all that mattered to him was winning.

Comment

Tiger's an interesting case. He fired his caddie and got worse...only to rebound to a higher level. He got engaged and fired his swing coach....and is worse for it......let's give him a chance to rebound before we pass judgement.

But there's no question that if he squanders another 7 straight majors, his chances of ever catching Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major wins will be almost out of grasp.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Apr 11 2004, 09:55 PM
                    Tiger's an interesting case. He fired his caddie and got worse...only to rebound to a higher level. He got engaged and fired his swing coach....and is worse for it......let's give him a chance to rebound before we pass judgement.

But there's no question that if he squanders another 7 straight majors, his chances of ever catching Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major wins will be almost out of grasp.
                    I was just talking about this yesterday, how many does he have right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinelander+Apr 11 2004, 09:57 PM-->
                      QUOTE (Rhinelander @ Apr 11 2004, 09:57 PM)

Its 8...and holding...

Comment

I think the blonde screwed up his stroke...

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                        Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                        Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

If he needs to get away from his wife for a while to refind his game, I'll be glad to take her off his hands for a couple years. I'll even return her after he wins his next major.

Comment

• Working...
                            X