Morris' Throws Complete Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morris' Throws Complete Game!

FINALLY a starting pitcher doesn't lay an egg! And to think that we're at .500 after this abysmal pitching week. Gives me a little hope, anyway.

I don't think Matty Mo was dominating, but he does seem to have a better grasp of the changeup he's been working on. He barely even threw the curve when I was watching. Spotted the fastball well, and threw it in the low 90's all night.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

I dont think he should have thrown the complete game this early. Not really necessary IMO, but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab@Apr 10 2004, 11:27 PM
      I don't think Matty Mo was dominating
      Yeah, he only had 1 strikeout. But fortunately he only walked one. It was good to see.

Side not: not too many pitchers who get 1 K per 9 innings gets No. 1 starter money.
      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Apr 10 2004, 11:34 PM
        I dont think he should have thrown the complete game this early. Not really necessary IMO, but thats just me.
        Nice to see him pitching decently, but he'll probably have another gimp-arm issue by July...don't these fuckers learn from their mistakes...they damn-near killed the poor guy last year before he lucked out with the DL stint... <_<
        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
        -mike
        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

he only threw 93 pitches. our pitchers normally get to 90 pitches in the 7th inning. i don't think it was a big deal.
          Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by phantom@Apr 10 2004, 11:42 PM
            Side not: not too many pitchers who get 1 K per 9 innings gets No. 1 starter money.
            Don't blame Morris...he was under-paid the first couple years and over-paid the last couple...Jockety cut the deal and structured it so Morris was breaking the bank this year...
            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
            -mike

Comment

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Apr 10 2004, 10:34 PM
              Generally speaking, I'd agree. But in this instance, he only threw 93 pitches and the bullpen has been taxed by the poor starting pitching in the first five games.

I have no complaints about letting him go the distance in this one because he was economical with his pitches.

Comment

Its not a ¨big¨ deal, but even AL (I know that doesn't count for much) said that Tony should use his other pitchers, keep them fresh and ready. I think 93 pitches is close to a pitcher's limit right now, considering its the beginning of the season and a pitcher's arm is still getting conditioned for longer innings.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Apr 10 2004, 11:46 PM-->
                  QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Apr 10 2004, 11:46 PM)

Originally posted by Chesterfield Cat@Apr 10 2004, 10:49 PM
                  Its not a ¨big¨ deal, but even AL (I know that doesn't count for much) said that Tony should use his other pitchers, keep them fresh and ready. I think 93 pitches is close to a pitcher's limit right now, considering its the beginning of the season and a pitcher's arm is still getting conditioned for longer innings.
                  I think pitchers should never exceed 100 pitches until May (except by a couple pitches...like if they're at 97 with two outs and none on in the sixth, I'm willing to let them go to 102 or 103 to get that third out). But Morris didn't hit 100 so I don't see this as an issue.

Comment

Unreal. Are you people never happy? Morris was breezing through that game. I guess all the following managers should be fired as well.

Saturday, April 10:

Tim Hudson - 86 pitches, 9 IP (2 Ks)
                    Pedro Martinez - 106 pitches, 7.2 IP
                    Roy Halladay - 110 pitches, 7 IP
                    Al Leiter - 97 pitches, 5 IP
                    John Patterson - 86 pitches, 7 IP
                    Sergio Mitre - 97 pitches, 7.2 IP
                    Jamey Wright - 96 pitches, 6 IP
                    Gil Meche - 102 pitches, 6.2 IP
                    Ben Sheets - 103 pitches, 6 IP
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 10 2004, 11:57 PM
                      Unreal. Are you people never happy? Morris was breezing through that game. I guess all the following managers should be fired as well.

Saturday, April 10:

Tim Hudson - 86 pitches, 9 IP (2 Ks)
                      Pedro Martinez - 106 pitches, 7.2 IP
                      Roy Halladay - 110 pitches, 7 IP
                      Al Leiter - 97 pitches, 5 IP
                      John Patterson - 86 pitches, 7 IP
                      Sergio Mitre - 97 pitches, 7.2 IP
                      Jamey Wright - 96 pitches, 6 IP
                      Gil Meche - 102 pitches, 6.2 IP
                      Ben Sheets - 103 pitches, 6 IP
                      How many of those pitchers you listed had arm-problems last year as an obvious result of being overworked early in the season?
                      -mike

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker@Apr 10 2004, 11:07 PM
                        How many of those pitchers you listed had arm-problems last year as an obvious result of being overworked early in the season?
                        93 pitches isn't being "overworked."

Last year, Morris (and Woody) was going well over 100 pitches early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar+Apr 11 2004, 12:08 AM-->
                          QUOTE (devaskar @ Apr 11 2004, 12:08 AM)

Morris threw 97 pitches in his first start this season. He threw LESS pitches this game.

You know, people complaining about EVERY Larussa decision really ruin the times when they actually have valid points.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

• Working...
                            X