No announcement yet.

How Many More Times Will We Hear This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many More Times Will We Hear This?

"Matt Morris did not show typical velocity early in his six-inning start on opening day, a fact Duncan attributes to off-kilter mechanics addressed in a subsequent bullpen session."

We all read this last year numerous times throughout the year. What has changed? The way I see it, Morris hasn't been healthy for almost a year. Either that, or the guy simply doesn't have good stuff anymore. How can a veteran player like this suddenly lose the ability to perform good pitching mechanics throughout a game? Lord knows we'll NEVER get a straight answer from management.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

who's job is it to give him hints on mechanics and whatnot?
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Apr 10 2004, 01:52 AM
      who's job is it to give him hints on mechanics and whatnot?
      Jeanine's husband...............

He just want's to win...win....win
      AKA reddevil
      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

I do hear that the owners throw really cool parties.

Did you know that Bill DeWitt comes from a baseball family?
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Same old shit, different day
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 10 2004, 08:30 AM
            I do hear that the owners throw really cool parties.

Did you know that Bill DeWitt comes from a baseball family?
            I wonder why we haven't been invited?
            Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Apr 10 2004, 09:24 AM
              Same old shit, different day
              What would you do if it wasn't?

You'd have no reason to post.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Apr 10 2004, 01:18 PM-->
                QUOTE (WinstonSmith @ Apr 10 2004, 01:18 PM)

someone should write a terse letter.

that would help.
                Are you on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy+Apr 10 2004, 01:23 PM-->
                  QUOTE (Razzy @ Apr 10 2004, 01:23 PM)
                  Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by dhaab@Apr 10 2004, 01:42 AM
                  "Matt Morris did not show typical velocity early in his six-inning start on opening day, a fact Duncan attributes to off-kilter mechanics addressed in a subsequent bullpen session."

We all read this last year numerous times throughout the year. What has changed? The way I see it, Morris hasn't been healthy for almost a year. Either that, or the guy simply doesn't have good stuff anymore. How can a veteran player like this suddenly lose the ability to perform good pitching mechanics throughout a game? Lord knows we'll NEVER get a straight answer from management.
                  Sooooo sick of Morris' bullshit.

A #1 pitcher goes out and throws and gets Brewers out and wins, no excuses needed.

A #2 does that as well.

Morris is maybe a #3 being paid Curt Schilling money.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Dyyyy, thank you.

You and I seem to be the only one's carrying this mantle.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I said all offseason long that they should dump Morris and the $12.5 million he was scheduled to make this year and use the money to get two cheaper starters, a left fielder, and/or a decent second baseman or bullpen help.

There is no way he will be worth what he is making this year, and it is quite possible that he'll post numbers that we could have gotten for $2 million.
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

We agree on something.

Comment

• Working...
                          X