No racial quotas in the battle of the bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No racial quotas in the battle of the bands

Bo Diddley beat Rush. Run DMC beat George Thorogood. Chuck Berry beat the sex pistols. Ray Charles edged Lynnard Skynnard. B.B. King beat the chili Peppers. Gosh, I hope none of those black artists beat white guys just because we needed to have black artists represented. I hope they had merit. Now for part two: Sex Pistols are better than Wilson Pickett. Tom Petty crushed Public Enemy. ACDC over the Supremes, 37 to 8. (4 Tops never qualified in the first place?)Beach Boys over Sly and the family stone. Billy Joel over John Coltrane. Talking Heads over Curtis Mayfield. Simon And G over Muddy Waters. Van Halen over the Neville Bros. Elvis Costello over the Isley bros. ACDC leads Parliament F. Springsteen leads N.W. A. Billy Joel leads Marvin Gaye. Think any black people will make the final 4?
    v

They'd better, or Kah will nail your ass to a tree.

Comment

B.B. King beat the chili Peppers

?????
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Apr 9 2004, 03:07 PM

B.B. King beat the chili Peppers

?????
        uh regarding your ???? ???????????? It's B.B. King. Sex Pistols over Wilson Pickett?????????????????????
        v

Comment

Well, to BB King's credit, at least he has put out more albums than Buddy Holly.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

And no one sits around listening to his music, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland@Apr 9 2004, 03:40 PM
              And no one sits around listening to his music, either.
              You are just egging me on, aren't you?
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Looks like Bo Diddley will be eliminated by Madonna, and James Brown by Elvis Costello. It is very possible that this forum will eliminate all black artists by the final 8.
                v

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe@Apr 10 2004, 02:41 AM
                  Looks like Bo Diddley will be eliminated by Madonna, and James Brown by Elvis Costello. It is very possible that this forum will eliminate all black artists by the final 8.
                  I'm glad these fuckers don't determine the R&R HOF. If they had their way, it'll be the lily white club.

Madonna over Bo Diddley. The KKK is speaking loud and clear.
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev+Apr 10 2004, 06:58 AM-->
                    QUOTE (The Kev @ Apr 10 2004, 06:58 AM)

Latest tally shows Madonna behind Bo. Either way, the next opponent will be the Beatles, unless Prince pulls an upset.
                    v

Comment

I want to publically apologize for my reference to the KKK. That was uncalled for.

I've had time to simmer down.

I can accept most votes, but, when I saw Madonna with a lead, it sent me through the roof. Personally, I wouldn't have picked Madonna over Fiona Apple or Natalie Merchant.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Apr 10 2004, 03:44 PM
                        I want to publically apologize for my reference to the KKK. That was uncalled for.

I've had time to simmer down.

I can accept most votes, but, when I saw Madonna with a lead, it sent me through the roof. Personally, I wouldn't have picked Madonna over Fiona Apple or Natalie Merchant.
                        I voted for several of the black artists but I took Madonna because....I wanted to fuck her when I was younger. Bo never did anything for me.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

• Working...
                          X