Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis for Bailey??

Portis 4 Bailey trade

I think with the wealth of talent the Broncos have at running back, that this may be a real possibility. However, Portis did rush for over 1,500 yards..so, there is a risk that whoever takes his place may not put up the totals Portis did.

So..If you were the Broncos and/or Redskins GM..would you make this trade??

If I were the skins - hell yes.

If I were the Broncos - hell no.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

You don't just go around trading one of the top five players in the game, regardless of needs and depth.
      Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Feb 24 2004, 10:12 AM
        You don't just go around trading one of the top five players in the game, regardless of needs and depth.
        You're up, 4ever.
        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Feb 24 2004, 10:12 AM
          Don't piss Dave off.
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf+Feb 24 2004, 10:14 AM-->
            QUOTE(davhaf @ Feb 24 2004, 10:14 AM)

broncos should do this trade. guys, anyone can run in the broncos blocking scheme. when was the last time they DIDN'T have a stud at RB? even when Terrell Davis went down, Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson took over and didn't miss a beat. it was as if Terrell never got hurt.

champ bailey is a stud, shut down corner. you can't teach that. you go get him, because whoever runs the ball next year for denver will put up huge numbers.
            Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever+Feb 24 2004, 10:15 AM-->
              QUOTE(Cubs4ever @ Feb 24 2004, 10:15 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2004, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Cubs4ever+Feb 24 2004, 10:15 AM-->
              QUOTE(Cubs4ever @ Feb 24 2004, 10:15 AM)
              Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2004, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson+Feb 24 2004, 10:15 AM-->
              QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Feb 24 2004, 10:15 AM)

Everyone knows you turn green and muscular when you get angry. Just trying to save the cubs fan.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Feb 24 2004, 10:22 AM
                Everyone knows you turn green and muscular when you get angry. Just trying to save the cubs fan.
                Gotcha!
                I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Back to the original point-Trading Portis for the incredible Hulk was a bad idea.
                  Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

I make the trade if I'm the Broncos. Running backs have a short shelf life to begin with, and Shanahan runs them harder than most. Portis already broke down this past year when forced to shoulder the load in the 2nd half of the season. When you consider that both players will probably receive signing bonuses of $16-18 million (and that's all that matters since contracts are not guaranteed) you have to think that Bailey has a much better chance of playing the length of the contract than Portis- diminishing the salary cap hit. The Broncos can replace Portis.
                    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Denver absolutely should make this trade. The two most important players on a team are a run-stuffing defensive tackle and a shut-down cornerback. You don't need a great running back to win in this league, and even if the Broncos want one, Shanahan has the best eye for running back talent in the league.

Bad deal for the Redskins though.

Comment

Working...
                      X