Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to see my letter from the dittohead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to see my letter from the dittohead?

Not sure about this letter I got today. When Rush Limbaugh went hook, line and sinker for the Matt Drudge thing about Kerry, I noticed that his take on it was rehashed by Conners, Milhaven, and Grayson at KMOX. (Grayson told me he never even heard Limbaugh's program---he is asleep when it is on.) I thought KMOX should have been embarrassed that so many of their local people were sucked into discussing something that was pretty much ignored by others in the media. I posted something on Bernie's pressbox to the effect that Cardinal games were going to be pre-empted to keep the entire Limbaugh show on, and that all on-air staff including sports people would participate in a 6 hour discussion about Rush's assertion that the denials of the story raised more questions than they answered. I thought it was so obviously sarcastic that no one would think I was being serious. After ten responses or so, I realized it was being taken as a straighforward announcement, so I posted a note that I was joking. The last time I checked it had more than 1100 views. (My original intention was to test how quickly it would be deleted by Mike Smith). Later, a serious letter I wrote on the subject(at least I was trying to be serious) appeared in the Post Dispatch, with my name and the town I was from. So today, I got an angry letter from a Limbaugh fan (the envelope had just my name and the town--the post office figured out the street address for him) It looks like a child's primitive printing, but no words are misspelled. I stored it like a photo (a jpg) but I can't figure out how to post photos like some of you do. I thought first it might be a prank from someone at KMOX, but I can't believe anyone would have time or inclination to do that. For what it is worth he said "I'm happy Limbaugh is on KMOX. Speak for yourself buster you don't speak for me get a life." printed in capital letters. I feel I should send a copy of it to KMOX, since this guy is probably more demographically significant to them than I am.
    v

KJ-

Mate..you must post the letter..ask pgrote/gonzo/turd/davel..or one of the other IT wanks on the board how to post it.

I gotta see it...

P.S..I cant post pictures either :angry:

Comment

Would you rather see the girl from gorgeous ladies of wrestling I met a while back in Las Vegas? Only thing I can do is make avatars.
      v

Comment

A couple things.

1. Charles Jako was supposed to be an "antidote" to the limbaugh program. That's probably why your stuff about milhaven et al was believed. that, and the fact that the 3 times I've heard Larry "book it" conners he's blown total donkey balls.

2. I dont' know what you guys do with your days, but if I'm going to take time out of my schedule to listen to the radio, I'd rather it be Limbaugh( or hannity, or even franken or mitch albom) than a cards radio broadcast. they have enough night games to satisfy me, don't need to hear shannon trying to make it through a hangover at 11 AM with more shots of Jack.

3. FUCK

Comment

Originally posted by stug153@Feb 24 2004, 03:28 AM
          A couple things.

1. Charles Jako was supposed to be an "antidote" to the limbaugh program. That's probably why your stuff about milhaven et al was believed. that, and the fact that the 3 times I've heard Larry "book it" conners he's blown total donkey balls.

2. I dont' know what you guys do with your days, but if I'm going to take time out of my schedule to listen to the radio, I'd rather it be Limbaugh( or hannity, or even franken or mitch albom) than a cards radio broadcast. they have enough night games to satisfy me, don't need to hear shannon trying to make it through a hangover at 11 AM with more shots of Jack.

3. FUCK
          I would almost bet that Limbaugh gets better ratings than the Cardinals. I was trying to make the point that his presence has an impact on the local aspects of a lot of what the station is proud of, including integrity. I actually enjoy Limbaugh to some degree---but most of what he has to say on any given day can be said in one hour. Hannity would preserve the conservative presence without being such a source of embarrassment. By the way, I have consistently maintained that the best interests of the stockholders are the only basis upon which changes should be made. Stockholders sometimes do not want to look at the whole picture of long range impact upon their investments.
          v

Comment

Send me the pic and I'll throw it on my server.

[email protected].

Comment

So you think Larry Connors is part of the "right wing media?"

I find that interesting.

I can't figure the guy out.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Feb 24 2004, 08:54 AM
                So you think Larry Connors is part of the "right wing media?"

I find that interesting.

I can't figure the guy out.
                No. He replied with a testy e-mail when I wrote to him---he said "I have a choice to discuss anything and everything on KMOX...The day I'm told I can't is the day I leave." That doesn't surprise me---my point was that Limbaugh's rants sometimes leave people on the air in the position that if they don't talk about what he has said---in this case Kerry's "affair" ---it almost makes them appear to be part of the media that Limbaugh is so fond of lambasting. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. He spent the hour that day talking about the Drudge report not because of the newsworthiness of Drudge, but rather because of the noise of the elephant carried by his station.
                v

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe@Feb 24 2004, 01:19 AM
                  For what it is worth he said "I'm happy Limbaugh is on KMOX. Speak for yourself buster you don't speak for me get a life." printed in capital letters. I feel I should send a copy of it to KMOX, since this guy is probably more demographically significant to them than I am.
                  That is brilliant.

You should send it to KMOX - it will help them with their ad planning. They could take that letter around to ad clients to demonstrate their listener base.

You should also send it to Rush.

And, you should send it to Al Franken once his new radio show starts.
                  2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 24 2004, 08:35 AM
                    Send me the pic and I'll throw it on my server.

[email protected].
                    I hate computers sometimes. When I e-mailed to you I got [email protected]----delivery failure 3k. If you go to the general discussion at TIVO community's website, I am known as Spiro (I used to be your Vice President), and The first post of a thread there has it as a downloadable attachment. All it is, is what you can kind of see in my avatar.
                    v

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Feb 24 2004, 02:57 PM-->
                      QUOTE(Trigfunctions @ Feb 24 2004, 02:57 PM)

He also said that Rush was only wrong this one time, guess he thinks McNabb is overrated too.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Done.

I didn't know you were into the Tivos. Very cool.

Full size letter

Comment

well..that represents the typical Rush fan to me!
                          Are you on the list?

Comment

I wonder if it needed any rewrites.
                            Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Working...
                            X