Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been gone a couple days

How do the Redbirds look so far?
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 9 2004, 09:58 AM
    How do the Redbirds look so far?
    They look like the part of the polaroid you tear off.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of lasvegasreb and his shoes.

Comment

Team ERA is 6.75.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

That low?
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I'm told everything is fine.
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Apr 9 2004, 10:00 AM
            That low?
            Cody really helped with that....
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

They look like Detroit. Only now Detroit doesn't look like Detroit. So they look like the Detroit that Detroit doesn't look like now.

Comment

KBF:

McKAAAy has looked great so far.

Comment

We also learned there is no "I" in team and Stroker confirmed he has the most twisted sense of humor of anyone I have ever seen.
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Knuckleballer Condoleeza Rice pitched a scoreless eighth for the Cardinals, but she refused to allow the game to be videotaped.

Comment

KBF:

The Cardinals played 4 hotly contested games against a much improved Milwaukee club (who, by the way, have a Florida Marlins circa 2003 look about them). Alas, the home team dropped 3 of 4, but I think most fair observers would concede that the series really could have gone the other way.

Morris looked good in game one, didn't get the calls. Defense was stellar.

Marquis was every bit as good as advertised in game 2. Didn't get the calls. He clearly has benefitted by working with Duncan. But the Cardinals ran into Doug Davis, a craft lefthander who will more than likely win several awards this year. Tough break.

Williams looked great in game 3. Didn't get the calls. Bullpen again outstanding (no really), and the vaunted offense had it's way with a tough Milwaukee staff. Big win.

Suppan probably needs to adjust to the National League, but he too was tough in game 4. Didn't get the calls. The Nepot displayed his versatility by pitching an inning or so. La Russa was almost mocking the Brewers: "Hey, dummies, my 1st base coach's son can get you out." Brilliant bit of early season strategy. That will be in the Brewers heads all season.

So they lost 3 of 4. Didn't get the calls.

But now they're on the road, where victories will be plentiful, and the team parties raucous.
                      I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 9 2004, 10:00 AM
                        KBF:

The Cardinals played 4 hotly contested games against a much improved Milwaukee club (who, by the way, have a Florida Marlins circa 2003 look about them). Alas, the home team dropped 3 of 4, but I think most fair observers would concede that the series really could have gone the other way.

Morris looked good in game one, didn't get the calls. Defense was stellar.

Marquis was every bit as good as advertised in game 2. Didn't get the calls. He clearly has benefitted by working with Duncan. But the Cardinals ran into Doug Davis, a craft lefthander who will more than likely win several awards this year. Tough break.

Williams looked great in game 3. Didn't get the calls. Bullpen again outstanding (no really), and the vaunted offense had it's way with a tough Milwaukee staff. Big win.

Suppan probably needs to adjust to the National League, but he too was tough in game 4. Didn't get the calls. The Nepot displayed his versatility by pitching an inning or so. La Russa was almost mocking the Brewers: "Hey, dummies, my 1st base coach's son can get you out." Brilliant bit of early season strategy. That will be in the Brewers heads all season.

So they lost 3 of 4. Didn't get the calls.

But now they're on the road, where victories will be plentiful, and the team parties raucous.
                        Excellent.

I had no idea Cody was this versatile. You'd never see Widger pitching. Not a team player.

Sounds like we're not getting the calls. I blame Matheny. Ever since he ticked off that umpire who was leaning on him, it's been a rough go.
                        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Kaiser,

that was an excellent take on the season so far.

Having Daaave's son around really is becoming the blessing I never thought it could be.
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

And maybe it's time for Matheny to apologize to Crawford.

Things will be much better then.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Apr 9 2004, 10:03 AM
                              Sounds like we're not getting the calls. I blame Matheny. Ever since he ticked off that umpire who was leaning on him, it's been a rough go.
                              Good point about Matheny. He's looked kinda funny lately. It's almost like he's slurring his signs when he's calling for pitches. But there have been stories about him before.

If only we'd gotten a few calls to go our way...
                              I'm always right.

Comment

Working...
                              X