C.I.A. Was Given Data on Hijacker Long Before 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would make it, what, 1999?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

You guys aren't implying that the administration in 1999 was negligent with national security are you??

Surely not......... :o
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Feb 24 2004, 12:42 AM
        That would make it, what, 1999?
        It's the NY Times. I don't know about their ability to handle information, but it looks that way.

The whole damn intelligence management needs to be flushed ASAP.

How George T. can hold onto his job is unknown to me. He must have pictures of people screwing chickens or something.

Comment

Originally posted by "F"_the_Cubs@Feb 24 2004, 01:46 AM
          You guys aren't implying that the administration in 1999 was negligent with national security are you??

Yeah I agree those in 99 were and so were those who took over after him, so lets get rid of them all.
          Clinton I will not vote for you again
          Dubya it's your fault to, no vote.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

God forbid I'm seen defending Clinton, but you have to assume the CIA gets about 10,000 pieces of "information" like that per day. It appears they could have done a better job than they did, however.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 24 2004, 01:13 AM

The whole damn intelligence management needs to be flushed ASAP.

How George T. can hold onto his job is unknown to me. He must have pictures of people screwing chickens or something.
              In keeping Tenet, he keeps him close and quiet. Last thing Bush needs is a fired CIA director pointing out the administration's foibles. So, Tenet is taking one for the team, but he gets to keep his job.

The Office of Special Plans, in particular, if fully exposed and clearly explained to the citizenry, could be quite embarrassing to Bush, Cheney, Rummy and Wolfie.

Moe
              The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Moe_Szyslak+Feb 24 2004, 07:42 AM-->
                QUOTE(Moe_Szyslak @ Feb 24 2004, 07:42 AM)

Originally posted by lazydaze+Feb 24 2004, 07:45 AM-->
                QUOTE(lazydaze @ Feb 24 2004, 07:45 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2004, 07:42 AM

heard this theory from a Republican
                Well then it must be true,

By the way, Congratulations to you also. Your comments are very Kahesque. Borishly partisan.

Is that what your shooting for.
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I heard this theory from a Republican. It is not so far fetched. Why else would he not be fired?
                  Is it possible that the man has done nothing to be fired for? Intelligence is like tarot cards; sometimes you get it right, and sometimes you don't. It wasn't the CIA that was so hot to trot to go to war. That came from within the administration.

Comment

Is it possible that the man has done nothing to be fired for? Intelligence is like tarot cards; sometimes you get it right, and sometimes you don't. It wasn't the CIA that was so hot to trot to go to war. That came from within the administration.
                    Testify brother!

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Feb 24 2004, 07:51 AM
                      I heard this theory from a Republican. It is not so far fetched. Why else would he not be fired?
                      Accountability.

He runs the show, Reggie.

Comment

Originally posted by "F"_the_Cubs@Feb 24 2004, 12:46 AM

So Clinton was in charge of sifting through CIA/FBI info? Hmm. Interesting.

Let's see - when the "intel" supposedly fails Bush (WMD) it's the CIA's fault; but when it fails Clinton, it's ... Clinton's fault.

Of course.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Accountability.

He runs the show, Reggie.
                          Yup. And he's been made to stand up front and take the shit.

But I'm not at all sure he's the one who made all the mistakes. I suspect the deal is, you can keep your job, but you have to shield the administration.

Comment

Working...
                          X