Inkjet Printer Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkjet Printer Repairs

My printer (Canon S-520) is all busted up...just makes a grindy-chunking noise, and the print head doesn't move anymore...anybody recommend a nice place to have it repaired or know of a place to stay away from?
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

How much did you pay for the printer? Sometimes it's almost easier/cheaper to just buy a new one.

The printer companies make their money on the ink cartridges, not the printer (which is why a HP Black cartridge costs almost $30). Sometimes it's just more cost efficient to buy a new one than get one repaired....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I think it was about $150...I've had it for over 2 years...been a very nice printer until today...I probably would be better off just purchasing a new one, but the pisser is I just installed $40 worth of new ink cartridges less than a week ago... :angry:
      . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
      -mike

Comment

hey OSS -

if ya looking for a new printer - let me know and I'll see if i can get you a good price.

I have an account with TechData - these guys supply stores etc with computer products.

han solo

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker@Feb 24 2004, 12:09 AM
          I think it was about $150...I've had it for over 2 years...been a very nice printer until today...I probably would be better off just purchasing a new one, but the pisser is I just installed $40 worth of new ink cartridges less than a week ago... :angry:
          That sucks... hell, maybe there are compatible printers for your ink cartridges... so you wouldn't be out the $150....

Comment

Yes. Buy a new one. They are disposable.

Comment

Yes buy a new one, you will get a better printer, it will come with ink.

Paying someone to repair it could cost more than buying one.

Officemax

The epson for 59 bucks is great.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Feb 24 2004, 01:55 AM
                Yes buy a new one, you will get a better printer, it will come with ink.

Paying someone to repair it could cost more than buying one.

Officemax

The epson for 59 bucks is great.
                Isn't that kind of sad? Buying a new printer is a lot cheaper than fixing a broken one or replacing two ink cartridges?

I have a HP Photosmart printer and the Black Ink is $29 and the Color Ink is $34. I could get a cheap Lexmark or Epson printer for $59 that is just as good quality-wise as the one I purchased two years ago for about $250 -- plus, I can get third party replacement cartridges for a lot cheaper than the third party HP cartridges that hardly work (the color cartridges don't work, but the black cartridges do). <_<

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 24 2004, 02:14 AM
                  Isn't that kind of sad? Buying a new printer is a lot cheaper than fixing a broken one or replacing two ink cartridges?
                  They companies don't make money on the printer, it's the ink.

Lexmark and HP are the worse on ink ... they even ship printers with a small amount of ink so you have to turn around and buy more ink right away.

Cannon still ships full ink cartridges.

Comment

If you are looking for a printer that does great photos, but can still be used for everyday printing, check out the Canon i860. I've always stuck with HP printers, since I've never had luck with Epson or Lexmark, and they've always been said to be the best. Lately though, I've seen more and more people pick up these newer Canon printers, and I've been amazed at the quaility and speed. I bought my HP All-in-one about a year ago, and it works great, but I'm seriously considering picking up a Canon as a dedicated photo printer.

Comment

has anybody tried those gimmicks where you can refill your ink cartridge without havint go buy a new one?

Comment

How about carrot ink?
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Feb 24 2004, 08:56 AM
                          has anybody tried those gimmicks where you can refill your ink cartridge without havint go buy a new one?
                          Yes. We do that with a syringe kit and it works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Feb 24 2004, 09:01 AM-->
                            QUOTE(pgrote @ Feb 24 2004, 09:01 AM)

Originally posted by Dr.Gonzo@Feb 24 2004, 08:54 AM
                            If you are looking for a printer that does great photos, but can still be used for everyday printing, check out the Canon i860. I've always stuck with HP printers, since I've never had luck with Epson or Lexmark, and they've always been said to be the best. Lately though, I've seen more and more people pick up these newer Canon printers, and I've been amazed at the quaility and speed. I bought my HP All-in-one about a year ago, and it works great, but I'm seriously considering picking up a Canon as a dedicated photo printer.
                            I looking that way, Gonzo.

I've been really impressed with the quality and speed of my Canon that just died (s520)...I've used the shit out of it, so I guess it was inevitable...The photo printing was @ least 10 times faster than HPs I've dealt with @ work and friends'...

HanSolo's got an account with a supplier, and can get the i860 for $140...Canon's got the s9000 on their website for $199, it's an outdated model, but prints up to 13"x19", which I've always dreamed of...tough call here...
                            -mike

Comment

Working...
                            X