Question about hostages in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about hostages in Iraq

I read a bit ago that the Iraqi bastards are holding some Japanese soldiers as hostages. I think there are three of them, plus 7 from South Korea and 1 Briton.

They are saying to Japan that they are going to burn those hostages alive if they dont remove their troops from Iraq.

Suppose they were to capture and hold, say, 5-10 US soldiers and held them hostage, saying that they would burn them alive if we dont withdraw our troops.

What should Bush do if that happens? Or what would you do if you were him?

Here is a link to an article about the hostages...

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...64§ion=news
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Gotta stay the course. Nothing else TO do.

Comment

I think they're civilians, not soldiers.

Comment

Actually, they werent soldiers. All the people being held hostage are apparently civilians.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

christian pastors
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Not much choice on what to do. They're already killing U.S. soldiers and civilians. I don't see how the threat of capture and immolation should make us do something different than what we are.

Razzy, you asked the question, but didn't answer it. What would you do?
            I'm always right.

Comment

Anyone remember Billy Jack's response to a hostage situation?

"Go ahead, kill her. And then I'll...kill....you."

Not so good for the hostage, though.

Comment

I'd have to say the same as you guys, even though I think we shouldnt be over there and in that situation in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Apr 8 2004, 10:45 AM
                  I'd have to say the same as you guys, even though I think we shouldnt be over there and in that situation in the first place.
                  Exactly. Whether we belong there or not, withdrawing troops because of something like this just ain't an option.
                  I'm always right.

Comment

Seven freed. Good news.

Comment

Maybe we should call Jimmy Carter to get the other 5...

uh, nevermind
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Call Jester Jackson.
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
                        X