Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Edwards Dies

ESPN News is reporting.

From complications of Lou Gehrig's disease.

On the first day of the Masters too.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

That really sucks...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

RIP, Edwards. Seemed like a great guy during all those Open interviews...
      Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

What a fascinating story. Bruce was an amazing guy. I always pull for Watson anyway. This seals it. I wonder if Tom will still play. I hope he does.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of lasvegasreb and his shoes.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/classic/obit/s/20...8/1778203.html

What a great guy that Tom Watson is. Sad story; I don't think I have ever cheered for a golfer as much as I did Watson last year at the US Open after he shot that 65.

Comment

that sucks. i don't know how you could play after your longtime friend dies. i think he should bow out. i know it's really honorable to play and dedicate your play to your friend, but i wouldn't play.
            Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Apr 8 2004, 11:51 AM
              that sucks. i don't know how you could play after your longtime friend dies. i think he should bow out. i know it's really honorable to play and dedicate your play to your friend, but i wouldn't play.
              I'm sure Bruce would be disappointed if Tom didn't play.
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Heard Feinstein on NPR this AM talking about Bruce and his courage, which JF defined as "getting up every day to fight a battle you know you're destined to lose..." Profound stuff. Cool guy. Made Watson a better man, too.
                The Dude abides.

Comment

Watson is playing, finished with a +4 76. Had to be the hardest round of his life.
                  Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

The only way to honor his memory is to play. That it was hard only makes the statement that much stronger.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                    X