Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All That I Am

My review of the new Santana record.

I was prepared to really not like it, based on the one cut I heard with Michelle Branch. This record is actually pretty decent. It starts out strong with two cuts with no guests, just the band. Then it hits a turd in the road on 3 successive cuts featuring Branch, Steven Tyler, and Big Boi. The Branch and Tyler songs are pure pop lyrical nonsense and Santana must have been in another room during recording. That's somewhat better on the next song as Big Boi anounces "boom, boom, Santana's in the room." Kind of lame but the guitar work is good.

"Trinity" with Kirk Hammett and Robert Randolph is excellent. "I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love" with Los Lonely Boys is very good and even the song with Bo Bice is decent, kind of a Grass Roots feel to it.

Upon further review, I like this the best of the 3 collaboration albums, but they really could have taken parts of all three and made one really excellent album. In fact, I was going to do just that but the CD is copy protected. You can't rip it to Itunes and it apparently downloads some type of Trojan horse to your root drive. I now wish I had just purchased the album at Itunes.
    LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

how much do you want to bet it has been ripped already?

edit yep just checked the ng's and it is out there twice

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

QUOTE(jhanke @ Nov 9 2005, 07:47 PM) Quoted post

how much do you want to bet it has been ripped already?
      [/b][/quote]

No doubt. At Santana Cafe, there are guys who have gotten copies of the Japanese version and replicated it.

And some good news. Apparently they will be releasing a video of the Hiroshima peace concert with Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter sometime in the new year. There's a Japanese version of that already out, but it is coded Region 2 (I think) so it won't work on the standard players in the states.
      LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Working...
      X