Prison Break to go on hiatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Break to go on hiatus

This sucks. I can't understand why they would interrupt a successful show for six months. I guess they take viewers for granted.

Last episode Nov. 28

QUOTE(chs266s @ Nov 9 2005, 07:16 PM) Quoted post

This sucks. I can't understand why they would interrupt a successful show for six months. I guess they take viewers for granted.

Last episode Nov. 28
    [/b][/quote]

Dude. "They" didn't interrupt anything. FOX bought 13 episodes and originally planned to have the show plugged in to that timeslot from the end of baseball until 24 began its new season. At the last moment, the network decided to premiere the show early, in August. They're out of those 13 episodes soon!

The show isn't cheap, fast, or easy to produce on a per-episode basis. Once the first 2-3 episodes had aired and FOX realized they had a hit and re-upped for more episodes, the show went right back into production....but since production on the big-budget series is so involved, they can't guarantee consecutive shows for a second-half season until the spring. They'd rather be sure they have the series ready to air than pull another "Moonlighting" debacle, since that nightmare effectively killed that series off.
    I like cheese.

Comment

QUOTE(chs266s @ Nov 9 2005, 06:16 PM) Quoted post

Last episode Nov. 28
      [/b][/quote]

Fox's entertainment lineup is up 29%. Yet in another reversal, postseason baseball fell 21% from last year's Cinderella story of the Boston Red Sox. And the World Series was down 32%.[/b][/quote]

Why don't they "fess up" and concede that people really don't want to hear McCarver's rambling dissertations? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Trig ... good explanation ... they have already ordered a full second season.

I love that show. At some point they have to move from the prison, right?

Jack ... the ratings for the world series were the worst ever. If you look at a graph of the numbers it's a very steady decline. Amazing it can fall like that.

Comment

Working...
        X