God, I can't stand SportsCenter anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, I can't stand SportsCenter anymore

I know, this is thread #4005 making this point, but I want to rant.

I turned on SportsCenter last night just to see if there was any news, and I was treated to T.O's and Drew Rosenhaus' infomercial for the first twenty minutes. This was after SportsCenter spent the better part of Sunday's programming focusing on T.O. story as if it were the equivalent of the WTC bombings. Enough T.O. already. And couldn't you at least demonstrate a little media integrity and quit giving T.O. and Drew a platform to run their pr game when they refuse to take questions?

Then they followed that up with the staged press conference with Mr. Phillips and reporters. Does Jeremy Schapp have no shame?

Geez, I need a Calizone.
    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

The worst is when you get into the taped loop.

I can recite word-for-word that TO Press Conference now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

You forgot to mention the Red Sox, Yankees, and Cubs' simulated press conferences...

Comment

SC wore out its welcome years ago.

That 'staged' press conference is so fucking lame. I mean it is gross the way they did that.

What a waste of time that is.

Honestly I only watch SC on Sat/Sun to catch football highlights. Anything else you need during the week can be seen on NFL Network.
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

they are even fucking up espnews now

its just absolutely awful
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Nov 9 2005, 12:05 PM) Quoted post

The worst is when you get into the taped loop.

I can recite word-for-word that TO Press Conference now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
            [/b][/quote]

Yeah, I fell asleep with Sportscenter on and got the same thing. Somebody needs to take Drew out back and beat him with a stick.

Comment

It is all about the E in ESPN now (Entertainment). Makes me wish I had a Canadian feed to get TSN or hell even Rogers Sportsnet.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Visit the SposrtsCartel Lounge for all your sports, current events, politics, and conspiracy theory needs [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

and Eastern.

Comment

I can't stand anything related to ESPN anymore - their website, SC, everything. They've taken a great thing and ruined it.

ESPN News is the only thing that is barely watchable.
                    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

In my opinion, they went downhill as soon as they made SC last one hour...... Too much is not a good thing, less is more, etc etc

Recall when SC lasted 30 minutes each night but Sunday? And somehow during those 30 minutes you saw every highlight and every score possible.......WITH BOX SCORES. Now that they do 60 minute shows nightly, they cram too much "comedy skits" in and just flash the score on the bottom of the screen during a 15 second clip of the highlights of each game.

How they can extend the show twice as long as it was and cut the amount of highlights/scores in half is unreal.
                      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

So why doesn't CNN try and bring back its 1 hour sports show? There's a big vacuum now, unless they've decided that nobody watches tv for news anymore.

Comment

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Nov 9 2005, 12:12 PM) Quoted post

So why doesn't CNN try and bring back its 1 hour sports show? There's a big vacuum now, unless they've decided that nobody watches tv for news anymore.
                          [/b][/quote]

Because every one is conditioned to go to ESPN for all their "news".
                          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2005, 12:06 PM) Quoted post

SC wore out its welcome years ago.

That 'staged' press conference is so fucking lame. I mean it is gross the way they did that.

What a waste of time that is.

Honestly I only watch SC on Sat/Sun to catch football highlights. Anything else you need during the week can be seen on NFL Network.
                            [/b][/quote]

Today they're doing the Astros.

Argon, Xavier, set the TIVO! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Terrell+Owens/v=2/SID=e/TID=YS64_81/l=IVI/;_ylt=AoPUY6WWgF6I42gBm81PKLmjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4ND gyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12iu377l4/EXP=1131646438/*-http%3A//www.writersmarch.com/football/images/11_towens_pom.jpeg[/img]

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
                              X