• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasta la vista, baby.

Comment

"I'll be back"

Moon

Comment

More money was spent on this special election campaign ($360M by one estimate) than was spent on the 2004 election by "W"...

Re-fucking-diculous.
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 9 2005, 01:07 PM) Quoted post

More money was spent on this special election campaign ($360M by one estimate) than was spent on the 2004 election by "W"...

Re-fucking-diculous.
          [/b][/quote]

I hated the unnecessary elections. But at least two of those props were victories for the Teachers' unions specifically, and that's never a good thing in California politics. These guys are amazingly powerful and are systematically crippling the state's education system.

Funny, the abortion one gets all the headlines, but it had the closest vote. I expected the proposition to get obliterated in this state, maybe losing 60-40, or even 70-30.

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Nov 9 2005, 12:03 PM) Quoted post

"I'll be back"

Moon [/b][/quote]

when?

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Nov 9 2005, 10:10 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 9 2005, 01:07 PM) Quoted post

Re-fucking-diculous.
              [/b][/quote]

I hated the unnecessary elections. But at least two of those props were victories for the Teachers' unions specifically, and that's never a good thing in California politics. These guys are amazingly powerful and are systematically crippling the state's education system.

Funny, the abortion one gets all the headlines, but it had the closest vote. I expected the proposition to get obliterated in this state, maybe losing 60-40, or even 70-30.
              [/b][/quote]

Yup - the early returns last night had Prop 75 passing, but I guess they weren't counting any of the Bay Area ballots yet...

Every measure failed...the only thing I got out of voting was my 'I Voted' sticker [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

California is a lost cause.

Comment

QUOTE(goon attack @ Nov 9 2005, 11:03 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Why don't you come out here one of these days, goon??? We'll go to a Sharks' game and watch some fights, and just generally fuck lots of things up...it'll be fun [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 9 2005, 01:06 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(goon attack @ Nov 9 2005, 11:03 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Why don't you come out here one of these days, goon??? We'll go to a Sharks' game and watch some fights, and just generally fuck lots of things up...it'll be fun [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                    [/b][/quote]

Sure!

I lived out there for 2 years 87-89 in LA. I loved it. I was back in 95 to do some recording and didn't love it as much.

Great state in many ways but a fukken mess.

Comment

Working...
                    X