Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original comments on Apple's iPod

What people were saying when it was announced

Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player. Go Steve! Where's the Newton?!

gee! an mp3 player with a HD! how original! kinda reminds me of a JUKEBOX i once knew..

All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off.

this really isn't that revolutionary of a product. I have a Nomad Jukebox with a 6gig hardrive and it only cost me $250. It works great and syncs fine with the computer and the transfer is relativley fast. I don't know what the big deal is. So...it works well with apple's software....big deal, anyone can do that. There is nothing there of interest. It's just a little but smaller, has a little better battery, and is $150 dollars more. Whatever.......this thing would be cool.....for $200.

I was also one of the haters. I thought it was ridiculously overpriced and thought it would fail big time.

Now I own 3 iPods and use them every day.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

QUOTE(ort @ Nov 9 2005, 11:13 AM) Quoted post
      I was also one of the haters. I thought it was ridiculously overpriced and thought it would fail big time.[/b][/quote]
      I think only elitists use iPods.

I love my nano. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Why isn't this flash-based?

That was a classic comment.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Nov 9 2005, 11:18 AM) Quoted post
          Why isn't this flash-based?

That was a classic comment.

[/b][/quote]
          Are you speaking about the comment I made or something that's on the site I posted?

Comment

How do I get the feeling that pgrote goes to digg.com on occasion.
            This Thread:
            http://www.digg.com/apple/Read_People_s_Fi...In_October_2001

Another Thread: http://www.sportscartel.com/forum/in...howtopic=36757
            http://www.digg.com/deals/Black_Friday_(Da..._advertisements
            Billikens.com

Comment

Oh yeah. Digg rocks.

Comment

Question:

Would the iPod have been as successful if it weren't for iTunes?

Or...is it more about the iRevolt against the PC world?

Or..was it a brilliantly marketed product?

Or..was it just that great?

Comment

I loved it when I would read about the "Reality Distortion Field™" that Steve Jobs has when announcing products.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

(Sadly, it's true).

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I would say Apple made a good product, but a better marketing campaign. If you look around, at least from what I see, is that the people who had Macs when the iPod are those that are not necessarily using their computer for work (job). Meaning, college aged students. They didn't have to worry about compatibility issues with some workplace. Therefore, this age group is already more primed than most to adopt an Apple product.

Now, what Age group most likely has the most MP3s when the iPod came out? Once again, the college kids.

When the iPod came out, the Nomad Jukebox more durable, much cheaper and provided the same function. However, it wasn't "Different", the mainstream didn't know who Nomad was, and it was as stylish as the iPod. All of these factors fall into positives when your shopper is the college-aged kid.

Once the iPod got firmly in that Market, it became cool and hip, so they expanded. I am sorry, but I see no rational reason for buying an iPod Mini other than it was "Cute." If it were nano sized, that is another story, but the Mini was entirely style.

Once the iPod became hip, other age groups started buying them, older and younger. If someone had a Nomad, they are like "WTF is that".

Apple admitedly over the lifetime of the iPod technologically has surpassed its competition. However, the price, IMO, is inflated. And people buy it for style.
                    Billikens.com

Comment

IMO, the product is just that good...

When I got my first iPod, I had sex with it every night...

It was that good.

The latest one I have (iPod Photo) needs it's space, so the relationship is purely platonic.

But have no doubt, I still [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] it...

iPod rules.
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Working...
                      X