Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare and contrast - Dennis Rodman - Terrell Owens - Darryl Strawberry

I'm thinking.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

They're all black?

Comment

TO doesn't have much in common with Rodman or Strawberry.

From everything I've read, he's actually a great dude. Never been in trouble in his life. Great player, works hard to be the best....
      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Nov 8 2005, 08:10 PM) Quoted post

TO doesn't have much in common with Rodman or Strawberry.

From everything I've read, he's actually a great dude. Never been in trouble in his life. Great player, works hard to be the best....
        [/b][/quote]

Plus he cries during post game interviews.

Those assholes Rodman and Strawberry would never do that.

Comment

While Rodman and Owens where more late bloomers - Strawberry was the an original bonus baby with everything given to him at a very early age. Rodman developed under some strong personalities on the bad boys - while Owens developed in the shadow of the greatest football player ever - Strawberry was part of a team of baby greats that were known for partying. Rodman was the party - Owens has stayed out of the party life. Rodman owns more titles than the others and also played with the most teams. Strawberry never publicly turned on his teammates - and neither did Rodman. Owens turned on his teammates and his team twice in pursuit of higher pay. Of the three Strawberry did the least to disgrace his club on the field - while Rodman and Owens did some things on the field of play that were at best disgusting. However Rodman and Owens always appeared to play hard on that same field - where as Strawberry could be disinterested.
          Strawberry's drug abuse probably hid the same insecurities that Rodman and Owens share with him - they however have managed to avoid his drug issues - but not the ability to make an such an ass of themselves that their own field value is greater than the baggage they come with. Ironically making Strawberry the better on the field teammate of the three in their prime.
          Strangely - should TO comeback and be a model citizen - he would have the best shot of making the Hall of Fame in his sport of the three, although I think unfairly. Rodman, in my opinion, should be in the basketball Hall of Fame but won't make it because of his freaky statistics. Strawberry should not be in the hall of fame and clearly got the least out of his ability. Somehow there is a sympathy attached to Strawberry despite his self abuse - although Rodman and Owens are just as self abusive in the long run. Right now - only Owens has money and my guess is he will one day find a way to lose it.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Bonus Question

Mike Martz, Larry Brown and Phil Garner are all head coaches that have had some success. Brown is clearly the best winner of championships among this bunch but he and Martz both share strange relationship with the front office sometimes. Garner on the other hand, basically was given a good team and he has managed to do something the other two have also done - either keep them playing at a high level or jump started them to a high level.

Garner and Martz have benefitted from some unique talent groupings that have helped them - while Brown seems to be able to win with varing levels of talent. Garner has the smallest ego of the three - but the other two's egos more than make up for his. Brown and Martz are considered genuises while Garner is considered to be pretty lucky.

Of the three - all the players say they love playing for their coach - but Martz is undoubtly the most loved by his players - and hated by the media.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

The Worm...the Squirm..and The Verm(in)

Comment

The right coach could maximize the return on Dennis Rodman.

My second choice would be Strawberry. He was self destructive.

I want no part of Terrell Owens. He's the most non team player I've ever seen.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

One guy got the most of his talent and maximized his income by acting outrageous but never hurt his team

Another guy got the least out of his talent and squandered what should have been a Hall of Fame career on drugs

The third guy maximized his talent but thinks there is an I in team and cares about no one but himself

Of the three...Rodman is the only one I would want on my team
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Rodman played Basketball

Owens used to play football

Strawberry used eightballs

Call me if you need any more help.
                    "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                    "I didn't know you
                    had any feelings"

Comment

QUOTE(SunuvaNun @ Nov 8 2005, 10:20 PM) Quoted post
                      Rodman played Basketball

Owens used to play football

Strawberry used eightballs

Call me if you need any more help. [/b][/quote]

That's pretty good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Rodman was a wild dude who thought he could profit on being strange. With him is was an act (i hope). Owens is also an act, one he thought would lead to more money. Straw was fucked up, too much too young. of the three i have the most sympathy for Straw because of his youth when his problems started. If we are talking teamates, i go with the Worm. Off field he was/is goofy, on field he fought to win. the other two only cared about personal stats.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Rodman won 5 rings, and the only time he ever wanted the ball was when it was coming off the rim. Strange dude, but the man won.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
                          X